Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Pack It Up" Great Article!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by landsmasher, May 16, 2002.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

\"Pack It Up\" Great Article!

Boy that was a great and informative article from the Grim Reaper! Now I just need to get another loan to go out and buy all that stuff /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

I know a guy that packs his spare axle and driveshafts under the hood. He made some mounts for them on the fender wells. Might be a good place for the High Lift also?

2. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

Re: \"Pack It Up\" Great Article!

how are you gonna fit a 60" hilift under the hood? Will it fit? that would be cool.

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

I have mounts made to put a 48" one under the hood, but that project is on hold until I do onboard air. I believe a 60" might fit, but it is going to be a tight squeeze. with grim's techiniques I see no reason for a 60" jack (and if grim doesn't pack one then probably anybody else could get by).

I just took the time to read that article of grim's a couple days ago, and was blown away with the quality of th write up.

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I agree. I don't think you need a 60 inch high lift using Grim's techniques... Matter of fact I bet you could improve on that by adding some locking hardware for the axle. Maybe a half inch pin and some quarter inch steel plate. Anything is possible when you know how to weld /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Yeah but the 60" is better when you use it as a winch, but Grim already has a winch......

6. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

about one of the items grim had, where did he find a 20 ft. heavy duty chain, i gotta 8 footer i found in the shed, but need a biggin' (preferably for less than $50) any help thanked (if that even makes sense)

Brett

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I got a 25' 3/8" chain from Home Depot. I've also seen them at Tractor Supply Company

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I just bought a 20' 5/16" chain from Home Depot. It has chain hooks on the ends (ment to hook the chain back to itself) for $27. It is even a higher ratting of chain then their regular stuff (70).