Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Packages

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by badassblazer03, Oct 9, 2003.

1. badassblazer03

badassblazer03 Registered Member

What are the differences between the silverado package and the regular non-silverado package? In a blazer.

2. mojo-jojo

mojo-jojo 1/2 ton status

Silverados were fully optioned vehicles, for the year they were manufactured. I believe the GMC was the Sierra Grande. Depending on the year other models were the Cheyenne, Custom Deluxe and custom

3. badassblazer03

badassblazer03 Registered Member

allright, what came with the silverado package?

4. mojo-jojo

mojo-jojo 1/2 ton status

Air, cruise, tilt, p/w ,p/l, deluxe trim in interior wood grain or brushed aluminum,carpet floor mats,cloth seats instead of vinyl, full istrumentation, clock, extra capacity fuel tank, two tone paint, body side mouldings,skid plates,tinted glass, ralley wheels,rear window defogger,and depending on the year power heated mirrors. You could get these options on other models, Chevy just put it all together in one package.

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Actually even the GMC's didn't come with PW/PDL with the high end trim packages, at least for '85.

'85 Jimmy options

I'm SURE the options available/standard changed as the years went on though. I have a feeling a 1991 Silverado PROBABLY had standard PW/PDL, but at least in the mid 80's brochures, Chev didn't list the options that were standard and which weren't, at least that I can read in some of those scans.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    Actually even the GMC's didn't come with PW/PDL with the high end trim packages, at least for '85.

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... my 85 GMC has high end trim and powerwindows (front and rear) and power door locks as well... and its all definitely stock equipment... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

j

7. mr_fujisawa

mr_fujisawa 1/2 ton status

here is a page that has a lot of year model differences and differences between all the names ie. custom deluxe, silverado, etc. . .
    might help a little
    http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/models.html /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. dyeager535

I'm not saying it couldn't come that way, I'm saying it wasn't STANDARD based on the high end trim packages.

Obviously a well-equipped truck that a dealer ordered would be odd without power door locks and windows, but that also ups the dealers profits. Some of those options were ridiculously expensive, so that works out great for the dealer.

If you look at that link, you'll see that both clotch and vinyl were available regardless of the trim package, and PW/PDL were both options. Check your glovebox, I'm *guessing* they are listed there seperately. (as opposed to something like "High Sierra Trim") If they are, they weren't part of a trim package.

9. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have an old forest service blazer with the silverado package except it doesn't have power doors and windows. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I have a GM ordering sheet for an 85' and If I remember powerDL/W are oredered seperatly.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

My truck is a Scottsdale, it has P/w and p/l. Even had cruise and tilt from the factory. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My friend's 87 K20 was a Scottsdale though and that thing was STRIPPED.

Other two trucks are custom deluxes, boy are they POS's. One never even had a radio from the factory.

11. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

My 88 Custom Deluxe has plastic seats and rubber floor mats, dial radio, no intermitant windshield wiper or electric locks or windows. It does have ac so I'm

12. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My Jimmy came fully optioned, yet it was a 'custom'/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. It had all the goodies but had a SM465 instead of the automatic.

Rene

13. aj_tatted

aj_tatted 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

'85 Jimmy options

mine came with all that stuff and it's only a sierra,......p/w, p/l cruise, air, trim, two tone, /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I'm SURE the options available/standard changed as the years went on though. I have a feeling a 1991 Silverado PROBABLY had standard PW/PDL, but at least in the mid 80's brochures, Chev didn't list the options that were standard and which weren't, at least that I can read in some of those scans.

[/ QUOTE ]

14. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

the different packages are trim levels; custom deluxe, then scottsdale, then cheyenne and finally silverado

all they had to do with are different levels of interior comfort, such as a custome deluxe having no carpet, headliner, pockets on door panels, carpet on doors, ect;
    as you upped the trim levels, you got more on the interior, such as a headliner in the cheyenne, and full length kick panels, and the siverado was fully loaded with such trim stuff

as far as power windows/locks, tilt, cruise, ect; you could fill out an option sheet when ordered and get those on a custom deluxe if wanted; i have seen it; just as i have seen a silverado with no power options

usually though, the dealer orders the vehicles on his lot and the manufacture will offer a special pricing incentive for certain options with certain trim levels, to fill the mass consumer's wants and needs

15. fourwheelerjeff

do you have any first hand knowledge or do you just go by what you read other people saying

16. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]
    fourwheelerjeff
    village idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

If your post was directed at me, I concur.

17. fourwheelerjeff

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    fourwheelerjeff
    village idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

If your post was directed at me, I concur.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was directed at you, and don't let my tag line fool you; i have built or rebuilt well over 100 chevy trucks from simple cleanings to complete rebuilds on rollovers that the dealer couldn't even tell had been rebuilt when i was done

i suggest we just drop it, however if this is not ageeable to you, i have no problem continuing this discussion with my reasons for this comment

18. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]
    i suggest we just drop it, however if this is not ageeable to you, i have no problem continuing this discussion with my reasons for this comment

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it. No reason to think that you are any smarter than your comments suggest. Just because you've seen a lot doesn't mean you've seen more than the next person, nor that you are more observant than anyone else. You know for a fact I haven't crawled through thousands of these trucks, right? Of course, if I did, I'd be an expert and know everything about them?

I will not hesitate to say I make mistakes, and own up to them when I realize it. However, if you'd like to pursue this further, have at it. Seems pretty silly to argue over something you obviously can't provide documentation of. I, of course, checked "official" GM documentation for the info I was searching for, didn't find it as pertaining to strictly Chevy, and annotated such in my post.

I suggest that if you have a real problem with my posts, you say so when I post, instead of letting whatever you think is mis-information, be propagated. Otherwise, you are no better than someone that is intentionally spreading lies. (of which I have never done) Of course, what you are suggesting with your post is that you have no real argument with me on this topic, but instead of taking it up with other posts you didn't agree with, you'll bring it all up in this thread, instead of furthering an interesting (to some) discussion that could be meaningful.

Don't worry, I took your tag line at face value. Anyone that has to brag about how good they are, or how good their work is, is probably trying to compensate for something, or sell something.

19. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

now i dont think silverados always came with everything i had a85 k5 with silverado..and that had no ac, and manual windows and locks /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif