Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Packers 25-- San Fran 15 and women are always right!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Jan 13, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Giddy-up!!!! I knew they could do it!! Good try boys!
    Yeah, next week against St.Louis. Place your bets! [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Michelle~</font color=purple>

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps.

2. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

<font color=green>GO PACKERS !!!!! </font color=green>

behemoth K5
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool -
    than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, for you, I'm glad the fudge-packers [​IMG] won, but I have to disagree about the "and women are always right!" thing. You know better than that [​IMG][​IMG]!

P.S. let me know how the return trip to the dentist goes, I will try to stop or call when I get out of work, but if you find out before then, just send me a PM.

See my rig at <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Leadfoot> click here </a>

4. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

you are not under the impression that the pack can beat the Rams are you??? I'm not a Rams fan my any means, but I also realize just how good the Ram's are.

GB barely beat the 9ers... if that pass to Owens had been successful instead of intercepted. game could have swung very easily, but my point is that the Rams are better then both these teams, and if SF could have easily won that game, and the game isn't in GB...

well you figure it out.

<font color=blue> Jeff - may the force be with you</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Jeffs-Stuff>link to k5's</a>

5. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

I think if the game was to be played in GB it would be a different story. Favre never really plays that good on turf. Besides thats not the way football was meant to be played. Give me rain, wind, snow, and Ice. Id rather sit through that, you know get the atmosphere, if I wanted to sit in controlled air conditioning and a guaranteed field condition I would have kept the electric football game I had as a kid. You know the one that shakes and the guys move as the field vibrates? Thats what its like watching.

GB did good against the run. Of course everyone will say that Hearst is no Marshall Faulk, but Hearst is from Georgia and they teach em good in Athens.

I think if Gilbert Brown sacks Kurt Warner on that turf and falls on him we may have a very interesting game.

And just remember, Any Given Sunday, these guys arent 'pros' for nothing.

"If it aint broke don't fix it" is like a 4 letter word.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

Charlie

6. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

i like the pack...but I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I think the super bowl belongs to baltimore. Oh I can see the flames coming a mile away. DUCK!!!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>The blazer's almost on the road....anyone got tree fiddy?</font color=red>

7. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Baltimore? Baltimore? I really despise Baltimore. They have a great defense. The only bad thing is they dont have much more. They get rid of the quarterback who won them the Super Bowl for a more "potent" Elvis Grbac. And isnt it weird that Dilfer actually hasnt lost a game he's started in 15 games(going back to last year).

Im hoping to see Green Bay and the Raiders. But that is just a pipe dream. Probably be St Louis and the Raiders. But that should be a good one too.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.phatboy.alloffroad.com>PhatBoy.AllOffRoad.com </a>

Charlie

8. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Oh, I know what we are in for, believe me! It will take a miracle. Hey a girl can dream can't she?
    Anyone out there with a connection to all that is Holy! Put us on the prayer-line would ya?[​IMG]

9. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

You are shut off Mister!

10. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

paaaaahlease...the niners were robbed. besides the packers wont even score a td against the rams...

[​IMG]Mash Out![​IMG]
    82 Blazer 1 Ton "Big Nasty"
    78 Jimmy 3/4 Ton
    <font color=red>"Red Dawg" </font color=red>

11. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

If the Niners were that good they should have killed them or at least won. They aren't and they didn't. End of story.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

First off do you really really think that that a wild card team can compeat with the greatest show on turf? Let's see the (my) Ram's have the season MVP Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk was a close second and by the way they both won it the last two years and Mike Marts the offencive master mind. They have the best record this year they have home field through out the playoffs with a week to rest up by the way plus they get to play the Super Bowl in the Super Dome (trust me they will) which they have played in every year since it opend and it's turf so I call that home field advantage. Favre suck's on turf only has a winning playoff record at home. And can anyone else name another player on the pack thats somebody worth mentioning I think not.
    Rams win and win big 42-17
    Corey 78K5..........GO RAMS

13. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Well, I thought it was a good game (for the record, I HATE the Green Bay Peckers), but Brett Favre is a great quarterback--period. They really played a good game against the 49ers, but I won't argue about who is a better team. Arguing about that is pointless because no one will change their mind about their favorite team.

However, I don't think Favre won it alone like all the press tries to make it seem. Bottom line is the GB defense stopped the 49ers run game and the 49ers did not utilize the pass game soon enough.

And the thing about the weather--please. These guys are grown men with a job to do and if a little cold air is going to bother them, they should play friggin indoor tennis or something. I hate the way the press always tries to make it seem like Favre is the only quarterback who can win games in cold weather.

<font color=red>"THE HUMMER ON 'ROIDS COMING SOON!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

14. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Okay lets call the rest of the season off, the (your) Rams have all ready won it.....wait whats that Mr. Berman?

"Thats why they play the games"

Oh yea thats right. As far as the weather not affecting the "pros" just tell that to the Bucs. Im "old School" 1) Football should be played on grass in any weather('cept lightning) and golf is not a sport-it's a drinking game.

I like Favre. I wish the Falcons would have kept him when they had him. Being a Falcons fan I had to learn a long time ago to like other teams. I want the falcons to win but Im not too let down win they dont. Oh yea Piitsburgh is my sleeper. Any team with that many Georgia players has to be on my A-list.

Congrats Kendrell Bell- Defensive Rookie of the year.

I dont think the "Greatest show on Turf" is going to have any easy day with the Pack.

Thats my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.....

Charlie

15. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Pittsburgh Please. Why because they have players from Georgia wow thats scary The UofG seems to win a lot of National Championships NOT! oh and they had such a tuff season to.

16. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, it was a good game no doubt. Niners didn't play to their full potential, but hey, they're the youngest team in the league....NEXT Year it's all over!! That's all I got to look forward to.

Laketex, I kinda agree with you about Baltimore. Being, I'm from Baltimore (still a Niners fan all my life though). But, man, when they step it up, they're tough to beat. O wins games, D wins Championships. Atleast that's what my friends are trying to beat into my head.
    Personally, I think it will be a Rams/Ravens superbowl...mayyyybeeee NewEngland. But Rams wins it all I think, that's my guess...I still hate them though.
    Boss

Pic of my truck Before N' After
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter</a>

17. Chaz316

Chaz316 1/2 ton status

Actually it is UGA.

LOL

Charlie

18. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

And what about the bad call on the fumble by GB and recoverd by the 9er's? Do you think the game would have been different if the Ref's got that call right? [​IMG]

I do.

See Ya,
    Keith

"Your just mad cause the voices only talk to me."

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/californiak5>CaliforniaK5's Pictures</a>

19. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

Ahman Green, Gilbert Brown and Mike Mckenzie

Besides if the Rams can lose to the Bucs, they can lose to the Packers

20. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

OK thats three I'll give you that But how about Warner, Faulk, Bruce, Holt, Hakim, Pruoel, Conwell, Winstrom, Little, Bly,Fletcher,Willams and the list goes on, to much speed and talent for a one man show.
    Corey 78K5.......GO RAMS........