Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paddle tires

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by 55Willy, Jun 1, 2003.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I'm looking for a set of paddle sin either 15 16 or 16.5 rims (doesn't everyone own a set of each,LOL)

and I would like em 33" tall or so and anything wide woudl be great,LOL

-Jeremy

2. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

33'' paddles are just trying to break every piece of drivetrain on your truck /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif... hope you've got some serious power to pull them /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif... Looking at about $300 each

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

cant you just cut boggers to be like paddle tires?

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

so the 28" tall ones off ebay that went for $300 for 3 of them would have been perfect, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I tried doing a online search for places that sell em but I end up just getting specs and no prices.

-Jeremy

5. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

try Oregon motor sports. there off of 82nd on sandy blvd.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

cool, next time I'm up that way I'll check them out.

-Jeremy

7. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

Well, expect to pay no less than $300/each for them. The ones we had on our sandrail cost more than that but they've come down in price.

Unless you're pushing some serious horsepower (in excess of 400) you won't want a tire taller than 33". Sand tires work on displacement of the sand. If you ain't got enough horsepower to spin them you're better off with a set of typical mud tires aired down. A prime example is to go look out on the dunes. You'll see these guys with little paddles smokin' the guys with the giant tires or the wide tires or the 3" deep paddles. You can spot the real enthusiasts by tire to motor combination. Also, you'll be able to spot them by if they're grooved.

I made the mistake of buying a set of huge Skat Trak Edges for my quad. They were about 3" too tall for my motor so I ended up regearing for playing on the sand. Not a big deal but if I'd known better I'd gotten little tires (in the 18" range instead of the 21x12x8 seven paddles).

I, myself, prefer Skat Trak paddles. Other people like what Sand Tires Unlimited produces. I suggest looking at these two, they've been around the longest. You can ask them to provide some dealers.

I don't know if it's in print anymore but there used to be a good sand magazine called "Sand Sport" that was quarterly. I'd be surprised if they weren't defunct. But anyway, go to a large bookstore or magazine shop and scour the shelves. You should be able to find a few magazines. It's by far cheaper to buy paddles out of a magazine. You also might want to give Rocky Mountain ATV a call. They have the cheapest ATV/Motorcycle tires to my knowledge. They can probably get you some truck paddles for a reasonable price.

Anyway, paddles aren't cheap.
    http://powerproracingproducts.com/categories/26.html

8. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

These guys have them High dollor though web page

9. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

There is a set of 16.50 Sand Tires Unlimited Padla Tracs on 18" rims (5 on 5.5" lug) for sale for $400 in Mira Loma, CA (near Corona). The guys # is 909-685-5664. I saw these in the Recycler, so I don't know if they're still available or not. I would have picked them up, but I already have 3 sets of paddles for my Jeeps!!