Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paging AZ-K5: BigTex Trailers...any good???

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by kgillyk5, Jan 10, 2007.

1. kgillyk5

kgillyk5 1/2 ton status

May 29, 2003
    All right. I need a trailer and was wondering if anyone had an opinion about bigtex trailers as far as quality etc... I'm looking at a 2004 70CH model like this one - http://www.bigtextrailers.com/spec/70ch.html

I was reading supersize75K5's trailer build thread and ran across this:

(The important part is in bold)

Does anyone have the same opinion, ...AZ-K5, is it materials, craftsmanship or what that leads you to this conclusion?
  2. supersize75k5

supersize75k5 OrganDonorRacing.com

Feb 3, 2004
    go on towrig.com or other sites to get some real life feedack as well.

personally what did it for me is I got a good deal on the parts, had the time and space. however ALOT of the trailer I looked at just buying I was not impressed for the price, I also have been around trailer maint/building a couple years ago and got some insight into how quick/cheap/cheasy some are made.

for the person towing a 5000lb rig only once a month you may never even notice most of the things that may be oversights or quality issues.

the built right trailer I have been using seems fine, weld look like crap and in some casses cracked already, also I cant think of the brand but a friend bought one and the axel had no grease or something was wrong with the hub//bran new trailer

just read up and inspect the hell out of one when you purchase it..read your warranty too, a educated consumer is a wise one.