Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paging: Donovan

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1972Blazer, Oct 19, 2001.

1. 1972Blazer

1972Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a question concerning a 14 FF conversion to 6 Lug and Disc Brakes for a 1972 Blazer. What needs to be done, where to get the parts and what is the cost?

1972 Black CST Blazer, 350/415 HP, TH350, NP205, 4" Springs Front/Rear, AGR Variable Ratio Steering, 15X8 Ralley Wheels and 35X12.50 BFG Mud Tires.

2. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

What you need is a 14 bolt from a 3/4 truck and the reason for that is you will not need to move any spring perches or shock mounts. The next thing that I need is just the hub and the axle shafts. I modify them and send them back to you. All you will have to do is install the drum and then install the hub and axle shaft. Now, if you want Disc brakes in back then you buy TSM kit for a 14 bolt 8 lug rearend or some of the guys on this board sell the brackets and that is all you need. I made them to use the stock brakes so there is no funky brackets. I will turn the hub and axles down and modify the brake drum area for $400 plus shipping. Please let me know what you think. You can see this done on my web page. www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com
    Got Leafs??

3. Donovan

Donovan 1/2 ton status

I forgot to tell you that you can't use stock chevy rims, the thru hole is to small on them. You would have to have that hole enlarged to Toyota size. All aftermarket rims are made with the large thru hole already. This is the only way to make this work.

Donovan
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com>www.rustbucket.rockcrawler.com</a>
    Got Leafs??

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>You need a 1 ton 14 bolt. The 69-72s have the spring pads closer together than the 73-91s do. I think its 40". My 14 bolt is from an 83 1 ton and the pads lined up, all I had to do was put in shims for the pinion angle