Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paging Stomper/ Any other N.W. Iowa CK5ers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Drey, May 22, 2004.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Hey man are you getting hit as hard with weather up there as we are. I have this week off from school so Im back down here in Early(Sac County) All I heard on 100.1 FM was that it was stormin like crazy up there. I just came home running through waterin town on highway 71. A bit of hail, pea size maybe.
    Anyway Im moving back up to Emmetsburg next week for 2 months of summer classes. Im about a mile west of the huge town of Osgood.

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I think Spencer got slammed hard with hail. Softball size I hear. That will relocate some sheetmetal rather quickly.

3. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

I'll have to check w/my mom to see how bad they got hit in Estherville & Spirit Lake. Her Cavalier got hail dmg real bad a few yrs ago when she was @ work.

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Yea, We got hit pretty good.

Friday morning about 10:45 we got hit hard with golf ball size hail at work (Spencer). 5 to 10 minutes worth. Never been in somthing like that before. We couldn't hear anything in the shop, metal roof /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The cars that didn't make it in the shop( everyone but the bosses) got alot of damage.

I heard that a car across town had the wind shield broke too. Ended up with over 2 1/2" rain here at home. Dad was in E'burg this morning and someone said they had over 5". At least we didn't get the tornados /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif This time /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. cybrfire

Now, as long as the insurance companies pay up and don't cancel everybody like they did around here last time we had big hail.
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. jwduke

jwduke 1/2 ton status

We got 4 inches of rain Friday morning, plus more Friday afternoon & night. We had quarter size hail Friday night around 9:00 pm, plus a tornado between Merrill & Westfield. We are supposed to get more tonight /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

not sure if its the same storm system or not, but we got hammered pretty good yesterday around 11:45. we were on break at work, sitting between 2 garage doors facing west, and somone made a comment about how dark the sky was to the west of us. it was pretty far off, but looked to be moving very rapidly. we all stepped outside to watch it, and within 2 minutes, it was as dark as midnight. high winds, lots of lightning, and one of the hardest rains i have ever seen. we were working on a motorhome, with slideout leaks, and we had to drive it to another plant, to put it in a rain bay to test it. i was the lucky one who got to drive in that crap. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif 42' motohomes and high winds dont mix very well let me tell you!

8. cybrfire

Some town was totally destroyed with that storm the other day. I guess 90 percent of the homes are unlivable. I feel for them.

9. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Bradgate is the town that was hit. Doesn't sound very good for them /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Edit:

05/22/2004
    Tornado Wipes Out Homes and Buildings in Bradgate

Governor Tom Vilsack has issued a proclamation of disaster for Humboldt County after a tornado ripped through the town of Bradgate.
    The State Emergency Management Director says 30 of the 42 homes suffered major damage or were destroyed.
    Authorities are cleaning up today in Bradgate and nearby Rolfe in Pocahontas County.
    The Pocahontas County Sheriff's Office says a tornado damaged the golf course and cemetery areas in Rolfe before wiping out homes and buildings in Bradgate.
    There were about 15 injuries reported, but authorities say none are life threatening. First Responders and firefighters from all of the neighboring counties are assisting in the clean up. The State Emergency Operations Center is also helping out.