Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paging Todd, Layne or Dan. TBI thermostat housing questions

Discussion in 'Midwest Region' started by Mudzer, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey Guys, I dont happen to have a TBI setup setting around, but do either of your TBI'd rigs have the thermostat housing that points up rather than to the left side of the engine? I need to re-vamp my outlet to clear the Temp sensor on this Edelbrock Performer intake I just installed. Im installing the Pro-Jection and need to get it buttoned up real soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I can pick one up at the Zone if it is the part I need. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

I just looked at Shagz '89 TBI out in the garage. The housing does not point straight up- but is at a sharp "up" angle. It points slightly to the driver's side of the engine as well.

3. Mudzer

I found a nice shiny chrome thermostat housing at the 'Zone. Worked perfectly! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

NEIL !!!
    NEIL !!!
    NEIL IS ALL ABOUT THE CHROME !!
    Let your inner bling run free !

5. Mudzer

If I had more time, I would have polished the intake and throttle body. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Layne asked if I painted over the chrome. I proudly said "no and I have a chrome fuel pump block off too". You can actually see it shine from outside of the fenderwhell, which is [laidesman voice]really nice[/ladiesmanvoice]. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

6. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

BLING BLING BABEE! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif