Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pain in the neck, literally, how can i apply heat to it ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Aug 17, 2004.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Mar 5, 2001
    my upper spine has been screwed for the second morning in a row now, i cant turn my head very fast and have to do it very carefully or it will really let me know! i dont know whats wrong i woke up like this yester day AM, i have had low back injuries probably ten times in my life frm lifting engines and 465's and such, i done injured my back for life and so it reoccures now and then out of the blue i can be down for a day or two all stiff and cant even put my own shoes on cuz cant reach down that far cuz my back wont let me, on the worst days,

anyways i dont have lower back problem at the current time, i am a very non-limber but skinny tall person, i should be damn limber but i never have been

but back to the topic and my question:

how can i apply heat to my neck and such so i can have someone push neck vertebrae back into my back more safely ? they are sticking out and are huge vertebrae im a real boney person, german and cherokee descent, the ony thing i can think of right now is to soak a big towel in hot water and wrap it around my neck and do this a few times with fresh hot water, then have someone run a rtolling pin over my upper spine from the base of my skull down to my shoulder blades or so.,

i cant afford the 25 bucks for a chiropractor, so that option is dead

i dont even have to move my head or neck for it to shoot pain, i can simply just reach up and scratch my eyebrow and the very minute force it takes to keep my head in place while doing that will send shooting pain in neck

what do you think ?
    i woke up like thisx yesterday AM with this pain just out of the blue, i assume is a muscle or something strained i have no tingling in arms or anywhere, or anything like thatg, just neck spine pain when move or even not move if i am working the muscles that try and resist movement and that keep the head and spine still when any force- no matter how minute) is applied

thanks for anything /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif
  2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Dec 3, 2003
    my dad had back problems because he worked heavy construction since he was 15. He went to the doctor and found out he had a broken disk (I forget the name) in his spine, he could either leave it, or have surgury and be down for 4 months. He never did anything... but now he is gone so I cant't ask him about it...

I'd suggest going to the doctor for help, maybe he can point you towards a book with excersizes for your back, that you do everyday. Then you will have a little comfort knowing that you shouldn't wake up with a sore back/neck.
    I don't know how to fix your neck, sorry /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
  3. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

May 21, 2002
    Hop in the shower and turn up the HOT HOT water. Then when you get out have a TOWEL soaked in hot water and wrap it around your neck and that should help for awhile and reduce some stress.
    Hope this helps