Pain in the @#$#%$^&#%!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Brady, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

May 6, 2000
    Don't you love the seamingly easy projects that turn out to be a pain.I just put new rear shackle bushing on my blazer.ORD's greaseable ones.One side was a piece of cake.Jack the rig up un bolt the old pair( I had an extra set ready to go with the new bushings),pull it off,bolt new pair on.No problem,Then go to the other side, remove nuts, pull bolt out of spring,try to pull bolt from shackle, no way.Get hammer, No way!! get bigger hammer, No way!!Get grinder, grind head off bolt, try to hit other direction,No way!! Get sawzall start cutting bolt between shackle and bracket.Cut for a while,Change blade,One side is cut. Start cutting other side of shackle,cut for while,change blade.Cut through.Goto put new one on, put bolt in spring, put bolt in bracket,No way! Pull apart ,put bracket bolt in first,Can't get shackle to line up right,decide I was closer with the bolt in the spring first.Try good.Get grinder out and grind bolt to a point,Finally it goes in.Tighten bolts Done!!!All of this in intermitent snow showers with no garage.Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster <A target="_blank" HREF=></A>
  2. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

May 19, 1999

That sounds like exactly what happened to me, it was the passenger side that was a bitch!!

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers