Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painless Headlight Relay Conversion Harness

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by opfor2, Nov 22, 2006.

1. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm just plain lazy and I would like to take the easy way out in doing the headlight relay conversion on my 90 Blazer. But I'm totally confused as to which painless wire harness to buy. My 90 Blazer has the 4 small pencil point halogen headlights so I need some help in getting the correct kit. I would like to avoid cutting and splicing any of the wiring.

Thanks a million,

Dan..

Harness # 30815

http://www.painlesswiring.com/InfoSearch/partnumber_list.php?SearchField=30815&Submit=Submit

Harness # 30816

http://www.painlesswiring.com/InfoSearch/partnumber_list.php?SearchField=30816&Submit=Submit

Harness # 30817

http://www.painlesswiring.com/InfoSearch/partnumber_list.php?SearchField=30817&Submit=Submit

2. burbBoy

burbBoy 1/2 ton status

#30815 Looks to be the one......the other two are for the newer style (non sealed beam) style lights with replaceable bulbs.

3. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Well first off thanks for the response, however, according to the painless web page states the following: NOTE: Vehicles using dual filament, halogen sealed beam or H4 conversion type headlights please use kit #30815

So does this mean trucks using two headlight system or four light system?

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Chances are that they don't make one for your rig. :( Those lights were only used in a few applications and take a unique connector. I'd recommend that you talk to someone at Painless before you place an order.

5. SLOK5

SLOK5 1/2 ton status

Are you tring to make all 4 lights come on using High Beams? If so all you need is a relay and about 2' of wire.....I did mine in about 15 min and thats 10 minutes looking for the parts in my garage.....:wink1:. If you just want more power to the lights the battery is right there and you can use the exsisting head lamp wire to activate the relays....cost you about $10.00-20.00 at the most.

6. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Dual filament is hi & lo beams in one light, so they are talking about 2 headlight systems.

I'm thinking #30815 but with HarryH3's response I'd suggest you contact Painless to be sure.

7. bronc3buster842001

bronc3buster842001 1/2 ton status

go check out the lmc website they got light harness there but they aint painless brand

8. opfor2

opfor2 1/2 ton status

Thanks all I kinda gathered that the connectors would b the problem. I'll check into the cheap LMC harness.

Dan..