Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

painless wireing

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dheavychevy38, Jan 28, 2003.

1. dheavychevy38

dheavychevy38 1/2 ton status Premium Member

has anyone ever used a painless wireing kit for a old chevy say 86 if so how was it???? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

Well, no, not for that year, but I did buy a Painless set-up for the cab-truck (PN 60201 TBI Harness), and I must say I am very impressed with it thus far. Everything is labeled, color coded and ready to go. Before you buy, shop around...I got this one for $306 from the local Autozone.

Good luck rob

3. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

I Got the TBI wiring kit for my 85', when i swapped in an 88' TBI. It has been in for about 10 months now and no problems. Everything in the kit was labeled and very striaght forward. I have no regrets thus far.

4. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I used one about a month ago. It has all of the core stuff you need. I used the 18 circuit for the 86 truck painless part # 10205. Like the others said it is all color coded and the wires are numbered. I found that the instructions were lacking in inforamtion. It has leaves out some of the things taht were on the 86 model also, or at least what was on mine. For instance, there are no porvision the the electronic spark control system to the distributor, or the wiring that goes into the carb. THese are problems that I had, but you may not have this stuff on you truck. I post a pretty exstensive critique on the whole porject. YOu should find it if you search for painless wiring. IF you do the install and have anymore specific question email me at Dunc03@aol.com. I delete at random because I get so much junk mail so bold the subject and put something like Painless Wiring Question. That way I won't accidentally delte it. When you search the forum make sure that the section down at the bottom is on "all post", then just search for painless wiring and there are numerous post about my review of the project. Just find the ones by Dunc03 and read those, and it should give you a pretty good idea of how the project went. Hope this helps in your decision making.