Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAINLESS WIRING? IS IT REALLY "PAINLESS?"

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bluesman420, Apr 24, 2005.

1. bluesman420

bluesman420 Newbie

HAS ANYONE COMPLETELY REWIRED THERE K5 USING PAINLESS WIRING HARNESS KIT? HAVE AN 84 K5 THAT NEEDS IT REALY BAD....ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ADVICE WOULD HELP....THANX IN ADVANCE. :k5:

2. grape

grape Registered Member

would like to hear also, my truck is a bare shell and the stock wiring was in such bad shape i took pictures, but i really don't want to put it back in my totally redone truck. To add, i get to change the under hood harness for my diesel junk.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

we used a setup from them at work. was vary easy and painless in my opinon. and great customer help also. had 1 problem but wasnt there fail at all . and still going fine to this day. he drives it all over town.

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

Used one of the 18 circuit kits on my 56. Great quality and the wires are labeled every couple of feet.

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

From what I understand, the only thing "painful" about Painless Wiring's kits is the cost.
    But from what I've read, if you gotta re-do ALL the wiring in the vehicle, they're worth every penny. If I was re-wiring a whole truck, I'd probably save up and go Painless.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

A flat fender came to me for sorting out. Owner had attempted to install one their Universal loom kits. When I pulled the instructions out of the box he had used a sharpie and crossed out the "less" and written "full" above it.
    Took me a while to sort it out and I had to get them to send me a copy of what the junction block's internal wiring was. Wire was decent quality stuff. Can't say I was overly impressed by the kit though. Then again, I'd just come from installing a Ron Francis Wire-works.com loom kit. Those will spoil you.

7. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I couldn't afford one of those hi-dollar kits, I just kept my eyes open at the local picknpull, found a gm truck that hadn't been hatcheted and pulled the harness myself (without cutting anything) costed me 80.00 plus 2 hours of my time. took about 4 hours to install it, it works great :D

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Their FI harness was a snap! Id assume their kits to rewire a vehicle would eb jsut as easy. I plan to put one in my K5 sooner or later.

9. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

a buddy and I wired this little buggy up with a Painless TBI harness and their 18 circuit racing harnes and it was pretty easy. We had to make modifications of course because we used switches and a push button start instead of a key. the harnesses are well made and labled and when we were done...it fired up on the third roll over.

DCP_0841.JPG

10. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Thays a pretty bad ass "little" buggy!!!!! :D

11. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

Yeah, built big block, TBI, 2 1/2 ton Rockwells, full Hydro steering, turbo 400, 203/205 twin stick, yada yada

12. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I did my 73 with a painless, i was pretty simple, just alot of work, i would absoultly buy from them again,
    Infact i will be rewiring the mini soon and im going to be using one of thier Hot Rod harnesses :waytogo: