Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAINLESS WIRING KIT REVIEW

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Dunc03, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Dunc03

Dunc03 1/2 ton status

I know that alot of people were wondering about the painless wiring harness for use on there Blazers, so here goes my two cents on the matter. I'm about finished re-wiring mine using the 18 circuit kit number 10205( for gm trucks from 73-86. I have a 86. The only real downfall I see to the system on the design side is they missed a few of the wiring needs, but it is for truck and not blazers. They don't have the wiring for the rear window which is not that hard to fix. On the other hand they do put alot of extras on the thing, like an electrical fan and electrical fuel pump provitions. Another thing that is lacking is the cruise control wiring. They don't give you the wiring that actually runs to the cruise control unit, which sucked for me because all my wires roasted when the thing caught fire. Also no exterior wires for the Torque converter on auto transmissions, and no wiring to the tranfer case indicator switch. It does, however, have the provision forht 4WD indicator light in the instrument panel. I hope this helps, I know some of you guys were thinking about buyingthe kit. I picked it up at AutoZone for $482,which I thought was over priced. I think that it is a good complete wiring harness forthe most part, with the exception of the things mentioned earlier. Sorry it took so longto tell you how the install went.

2. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info, I have been looking into this for a while, gives me some things to think about. Good thing I have a 79' without all those new fangled gadgets like cruise control!!!

Later - Shane /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I was looking into the painless kit, and I thought it was too expensive and lately I have been hearing good things about the EZ wiring kit, it's GM color codes, labaled on the wires every few inches and for easy diagnosing, and it's under $300.
    Maybe you should look into this one.

4. Nitrodrip350

Nice! Would you happen to have a website?

Thanks, Shane /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

I saw them in 4wheel magazines, but I just did a search and that is the only place I found:
    EZ wiring

6. Nitrodrip350

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Wow !! 18 curcits with the GM harness for 195.00!!! Looks like a damn good kit! Know anyone that has used one?

Thanks for Info - Shane /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

that EZ kit is inexpensive....i may have to try that out one day. Thanks for the info on the painless kit.
    Justin

8. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Kool! Sounds perfect for my application! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I will be soon rewiring my rig, this should be the last major project besides the little extras like bumpers,winch, 1 ton setup, etc,etc,..........Ya guys & gals know the story, It's almost done but never just quite yet! The list is never ending! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif
    Bill

9. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Check this place out. american autowire I got my harness from them and just haven't finished it yet. Super high quality and awesome instruction diagrams. It's a lot of work, but I'll have any and every kind of gadget I want on my blazer once I get done with it, plus it's expandable too.

FWIW,

Buddy

10. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

I think i have a gift certificate for a Painless Wiring Kit if anybody wants it. Lemme know.

tori89 /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

11. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

You've got mail! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif