Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paint and body book recomendations?

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by afroman006, Feb 6, 2006.

1. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I am clueless when it comes to paint and body work and was wondering if anyone had any recomendations for good books on the subject. I browsed amazon and found a few but want to see what the good ones are. As far as body work goes, I'd like to find one that deals with metal panel replacement and that kinda stuff, not fibermesh and bondo. Thanks.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

i don't know any particular books, just oodles of experience... panel alignment is an acquired art...

heres a good link i found at one point.... http://www.autobody101.com/articles/ some good stuff in there.....

anything comes up, shoot me a pm... i'm experienced from frame machines to finish...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  3. afroman006

I know this kind of stuff is an aquired skill but I dont even really know the basics. I'm fixing to start a frame off restoration on a jeep CJ5 renegade, its gonna need quite a bit of body work and it will be my first experience painting. I might paint my trail truck first just to get a taste of it. If any specific problems come up I'll let you know though. Thanks.

4. ryoken

yeah, don't hesitate to shoot me a p.m even if you think its something stupid.. everyone has to start somewhere... :D

5. afroman006

BTW that website is badass, thanks.

6. ryoken

yeah, he has alot of good info... i do some things slightly different here and there and he certainly doesn't cover it all, but lots of good stuff..

i laughed when i read "confessions of a bodyshop owner".. lot of that is very true.... i fit the mold of artist, not businessman all too much... need to work on that... :doah: :haha: