Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

PAINT AND COLOR

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by CAROLINAK5, Aug 28, 2001.

1. CAROLINAK5

CAROLINAK5 1/2 ton status

considering painting the k5 desert tan. anyone know of a paint brand my bro-in-law can shoot in the garage that will look half-way decent and be half-way durable. i don't want to spend to much on the paint/body cause i have a problem of goin' where it is tight.
    also...just signed up for membership!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!can't wait to be orange and use my discounts.

2. If you can find the company there, Anchor paint makes a color called BLM (Bureau of Land Management) Tan, which is desert tan. It is an enamel that we use where I work to paint oilfield equipment. It is as tough a paint as will ever need, and is pretty reasonable in price.

God has a hard on for Marines, because we keep Heaven chock full of fresh souls!

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

well you can use the military tan. rattle can it. crap is tough and inexpenside. pluss it is flat so it does not show dents as much
    Grant

1974 Chevy Blazer Cheyanne. but it is on 33's now, with saggy old springs. i am in Yuma Arizona if ya got any parts for me.

4. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Go to NAPA and ask for "OMNI" brand paint/clear coat. It is made by PPG. I use it on every car/truck that I paint. It flows alot better than any other paint I have used and is very forgiving for the novice to use. You can see the results on page 5 of my website below. Just pick a color and they can match it. Ask to see their color books.....they should have a color you like.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/>http://www.moabdadc22.alloffroad.com/</a>Real four wheelers don't need tools to remove body panels, paint, tail lights..etc.