Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paint & body trade for motorcycle

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by wfahlgren, Jan 7, 2001.

1. wfahlgren

wfahlgren 1/2 ton status

i have a 72 blazer, that needs a fair amount of body work and a paint job. A friend from work offered to do all the body work inside and out and paint itfor me, in trade for a 74 bmw r/90 motorcycle. Good trade or not?

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

The beemer's an opposed twin, right? Nice bike.
    I think it's a good trade. You know how much body work and paint can cost.
    It woudl boil down to how much you really like the bike. Since you are considering it, I'd assume you don't have any sentimental or investment reasons for keeping it.
    -- Mike

3. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

it depends on the quality of the work. i got an estimate from macco for $650 for minor body work and paint. a good body shop said it would cost $2500 it all depends on the quality of the work. im going with macco as soon as the weather gets nice so i dont get salt all over the new paint.

4. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Don't know about Macco[​IMG] in NY but I wouldn't let them paint a kids tricycle here in Texas...lousy prep work/and paint job that looked like a jr high kid with a can of spray paint put it on....seen it happen 3 x's to people I know and once to me.[​IMG]..told myself it would be a personal crusade to kill as much business for them as possible.even emailed their spokesperson Pete Rose and told him they where as crooked as he was..be advised they sux. I would certainly make sure of their work....spot them with some visits and look in the parking lot for irrate car owners!!!!

3nails/4wheels
    White Knight

5. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

macco in NY isnt too bad. my father had his car done this summer and it came out dicently. there was a little overspray, and they painted a few things they shouldnt have, but you get what you pay for. the car looks better now than it did before.