Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paint/ coating

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by hammermachine, Jul 13, 2006.

1. hammermachine

hammermachine 1/2 ton status

Has anyone tried Durabak rubber paint on thier rig? I've gotten samples from the company and I plan to use it. Any thoughts?

2. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Did my exterior two years ago. It's a permanent thing, so keep that in mind. I have no regrets. Someone else did it and thought it got and stayed too dirty and was hard to clean. I haven't had that problem.

You must use Durabak 18, that's their UV protected mix. Anything else will fade in a week. I do get some oxidation on mine, but much of it comes off when scrubbed. It doesn't turn chalky, on mine it just lost some shine (which I like), and the blue I mixed (using their mid-blue, some black and some red), ligtened up some,as a result of oxidation, which I don't like. I used their straight black on the cab roof and shell, and it has retained its color pretty well.

[​IMG][​IMG]

3. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

I really like how you got the tube going around the wheel well, looks sweet :bow:

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Thank you. It was a solution to having to cut out the rust that was all around the wheel wells and handle the resulting open edge between inner fender and quarter panel.

5. muddermilitia

muddermilitia ThatTrazerGuy GMOTM Winner

Yea I hear ya, my solution to rust was a whole new body!