Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paint Code cross reference ?

Discussion in 'The Body Shop' started by GruntHunter, Dec 1, 2006.

1. GruntHunter

GruntHunter 1/2 ton status

I just repainted my K5. The color code for the side is 46U/WA9228L (called blue granite metallic in '06 and Stealth Gray in '07) and the dark blue is GM58/WA919L called Dark Steel Blue. I don't know what year or vehicle the dark blue is from and if anyone can tell me it'd be greatly appreciated. I just picked it from some GM color samples. I need to know what year and model vehicle the Dark Steel Blue was offered on.

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

What are you trying to do, have paint mixed up?

3. GruntHunter

Naw, I can get the paint through the paint code. It's just easier to explain the color if I can reference a year, make and model of vehicle the paint is for. I suspect it must be a fairly late model GM vehicle. I can do a search on the color code and it'll bring up the name of the paint or if I have a particular year, make and model I can find out what colors, including the codes, were available but I haven't been able to find anywhere I could do a 'backwards' search.

4. ryoken

If I was still at the bodyshop, I coulda helped ya... But I have no access to those books anymore...

5. GruntHunter

If I go to a dealer then can they tell me?

6. ryoken

Should be able to... All you really need for your "explaining" is one of it's availabilities... Since it's late model, they probably still have sales literature around that lists what the colors where available for models of recent years..

Keep in mind, those colors where more than likely available for almost all the models for that year...

7. GruntHunter

Problem solved. After a LOT of research I found out that paint was used on 2005 Chevy Cavalier's and Hhr's