Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paint Codes needed .... (Blazer K5)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bavarian_blazer, Nov 10, 2004.

1. bavarian_blazer

bavarian_blazer 1/2 ton status

Hi folks!
    My name is Florian or -as my friends would say- Flo. I'm a 22 year old student from Germany.. OK, to be more precisely: I'm from Bavaria, also known as the beer-county /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif near (or in) the alps.
    The current project I am working on, is a 1985 Chevy Blazer Silverado with the 6.2 Litre Diesel Engine /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif. (As the gas prices are horrible -you have to pay about 5 $ for one Gallon gas- , the 6,2 Diesel is quite popular in Germany/Europe )
    Unfortunately the Truck had been paintet in some sort of camo by one of the previous owners
    [​IMG]

as the old color startet to show through and a few rust spots started to grow, I decided to dismantle and repaint the truck.

So... step 1 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I removed the camo with turpentine/nitro compound to identify the original paint /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif . After removing everything from the inside, the doors, the enders and so on, I lifted of the cab.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, Step 2:

the old paint is removed. (sandblasting & angle grinder, using special, rubber-like plates)

[​IMG]

2. bavarian_blazer

By now, the car is ready for the paintshop... if I would know the paint codes /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif (Unfortunately one of the previous owners removed all the identification stickers /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif )
    As I prefer the original colours, I'd like to have it painted in Apple Red and Frost White (or maybe Apple Red and midnight Black, I'm not sure yet /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )
    So, if anyone can help me, I'm looking for the codes for following paints:

<font color="red"> Apple Red
    Frost White and
    Midnight Black </font>

Thanks a lot!!!!

Greetings from Bavaria to all the Blazer freaks in the US and Worldwide!!

Flo

p.s.
    I hope my english is at least slightly understandable

3. bavarian_blazer

oops:
    its a 1985 K 5 Blazer