Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paint question now

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jemaddux, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Jemaddux

Jemaddux Registered Member

Well, I still haven't figured out the engine problem with my blazer yet so I am going to go on to the paint here. I live in the Los Angeles area of California, in other words the Capital of "lets have every rule there is on paint". I am looking for the Military desert tan and have not been able to find anything around here. Does anyone have any ideas where to look for this? I want the FLAT FLAT FLAT tan. Easy to take care of, get a dent, fix it, paint it and ready to run again.

Now back to the engine thing. Still having the same problem. To recap for everyone. Somewhat ok at idle, idle goes up and down a little doesn't change a lot but it does go up and down a bit. Under power I have NO power and the truck sputters and won't run well at all. Pulled the plug and all of them where black coated with carbon. Things I have done, checked all the wires, plugs and so on. Pulled covers and checked valves and so on. Have checked the timing, not perfect but close enough that the truck should be running better then it is. Th engine was just rebuilt, the only part not new in the engine compartment is the carb. All I can think is the carb is bad and needs to be replaced. Any other ideas for me?????

2. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status