Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paint question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Jun 17, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i ripped my mirror of my door a couple weekends ago. i got it all fixed, still need to putsome filler on it. i went to autozone to get a can of paint, they don't have my color and they don't special order any. i didn't see the exact color listed in the book.

where can i get 1 can? i only need a little bit, but want a full size can so i can paint a few other things on my truck.

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

have you tried a NAPA store? I've heard that if you don't know what color, some of the store has a program where they take a picture of the paint and will give the color and what to use to make it.

3. dodgedude99

dodgedude99 1/2 ton status

i have seen places on the internet that will custom mix your color paint to the paint code given and make a rattle can out of it.

4. toy4fun

toy4fun 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i have seen places on the internet that will custom mix your color paint to the paint code given and make a rattle can out of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    My local auto parts store can do the same think /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif just go to the old auto parts store that has been around forever. It may cost a little more but thay are usually are a lot more helpfull /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif