Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paint scheme

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big dan, Dec 4, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

heres the deal, got a new blazer body to put on my frame. this time all the metal is straight and I figured I might as well paint it before I start thrashing it.:D Ive never drove a truck that was painted, theyve either been primered or several different colors. I have always like some of the paint schemes on the old muscle cars, especially camaros and really like hugger orange so heres my idea. instead of black I want to do it in orange but with the white stripe around the front. where the rs badge is Im going to put a K5 badge and on the hood there is a camaro badge and Im going to use a blazer badge. so what do you all think?

[​IMG]

2. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Good concept, but I'm not sure the bodylines on the nose of the K5 lend themselves to that look...

The first gen Camaro's have that tapered in from all angle nose thing going on...

Should be easy enough to do it in photoshop and see what it looks like.. Someone around here has a bunch of different colored K5 drawings.. Dremu maybe?

I think a cowl hood and some SS stripes would look cool... :wink1:

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ive got stripes on it right now but I wanted to do something a little different. Im definately going to paint it orange just unsure on the rest. if I go with stripes again Im going to get some tsl vinyl stickers from yunit and make em out of those.

4. 88$PIT

88$PIT Registered Member

What about semi-flat black for the striping? Might be a better compliment to the tires and other dark colored pieces.

5. blazersnburban

blazersnburban Registered Member

there is a truck around here that is flat od green with flat black rally stripes....the front liscence plate is a od green and black rebel flag and he had this guy
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/5x5-7-4L-454-INSIDE-Decal-decals-sticker-stickers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50447QQihZ013QQitemZ230061111921QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

make him some @6-8'' stickers in black to go on front fenders where original badging was. looks neat and any techy gets the "intel inside" sticker spoof!

thats 1 sweet car...
    i've seen black stiping like that around the back of a yellow step side...he bought a set of stickers that look like a dodge super bee sticker, but he had it read killer bee, instead of super bee.
    had the black stipe around the rear of the 1/4 panel with a spot with out the stripe on the stepside fender flat spot that had a circle with a bee with his rear turned forward and his stinger run out and had super around the top of the circle and bee around the bottom...like the old super bee or coronets if you can imagine what they looked like ...it looked good to