Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paint Shop in AZ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jim82, Jul 20, 2000.

1. jim82

jim82 Registered Member

Does anyone know of a good paint shop in the PHX area? Its gettin time to paint the beast. My Dad has been welding up all of the trim holes up, should look really clean when its done. Do you think a discount place Scheib or Maaco would be all right if all the prep was allready done? Nothin fancy, it is going to be all black, like it came stock. He's gonna do most of the prep work for me, wish I could be there but I just moved to CA. Can't wait to get the Jimmy out here.

2. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

Your right

It's all in the prep work. If you do get a <1000 dollar job done i.e. macco wet sand it when you get it back, it should be pretty smooth when you are all done. Also, tell them to bake the paint between each coat. Sometimes they will spray the coat let it dry and spray again then bake the finish on.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

If you go to Mr Scheib be sure to remove any stickers from your blazer. Those cheap bastards painted over a bunch of stickers on my tail gate but they removed the BOWTIE I had. Afterwards they told me it was extra to remove them. I told them "I have no problem with that, thats why why I gave you 3 phone numbers". If your going to bring it in bare metal (give or take) its not a bad deal. I'll take some up close photos of their work.

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

4. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

Do it yourself. That's what I'm going to attempt to do. hehe It should be interesting. It's gonna be painted in less than a week. I can't wait! Still real busy trying to finsih it though.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

5. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

If you do it your self just make sure you do it in a paint booth instead of someones grage.

charley

81 Beater