Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paint sprayer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dammit32, Jul 27, 2003.

1. dammit32

dammit32 1/2 ton status

I need a paint sprayer to spray some body panels and some other small additions and i have a 6 hp compressor but I am clueless to which ones are good. any help is apreciated

Clueless in Maine

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

I got a Sharpe Cobalt HPLV gravity feed gun. You should be able to find it on the web for around $150. If you're going to be spraying primer too then get a cheap spray gun for that since the metal etcher in the primer will destroy your expensive gun. You'll also need a water filter if you don't already have one.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

HPLV
    high pressure low volume
    the goverment is trying to get rid of them. but they are great guns. today lots of folks are trying to go to the HVLP
    high volume low pressuer.
    wastes less paint, but if you are trying to blend/fade then you can run into problems.
    with a HVLP you use less coats and they are thicker.

personaly if you are just going to be painting a few things once in a while i would look at a less expensive gun. once you decide you want to do it more and get addicted then some of the higher end sealess guns in ethier format are good. the sealess design makes cleanup a snap.
    GRant

4. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Yep, that's what I meant, a Sharpe Cobalt HVLP gun. *remind self to proofread next time* /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I don't think you can find HPLV guns anymore.