Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by EODBRIAN, May 9, 2000.

1. EODBRIAN

EODBRIAN Registered Member

i posted a question a few days ago about an exterior bedliner, but got no replies. ill try to be a little more specific. last year, on the old page, someone was asking for opinions on what color to paint his truck. the post got a TON of feedback. someone who responded threw up a link with a "check this out" attachment. the link had a few pictures of trucks (from what i remember, an orange toyota, and a black and white jeep cherokee) that where painted with a rubberized "bedliner" type of paint that was much thinner. if i remember correctly, it was brushed on but dried smooth and glossy. they were raving about how easy repairs were, and that there was no worry about stone chips, scrapes or scratches. im headed north at the end of the year (to the land of salted roads). my truck is still in a coat of primer and am wondering if anyone has used this stuff, or has any info on where to find it (ive checked most of the bedliner sights, but no luck. im not looking to "non-skid" the outside of my truck). if this is not a good idea, please suggest an alternative. another question on POR-15. i read up on it on their web page. im interested in slapping it up in the wheel wells and on the diffs. they say it adheres best to bare metal. do i have to take the old paint off for this stuff to work well? any inputs are greatly appreciated.

EODBRIAN

2. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

you might want to talk with someone who sprays on Rinolining and see if they can thin it down and spray it on, I think that with POR 15 you need bare metal then use metal etchig liquid to help it adhere.
    Dan

<font color=red>mudfanatic</font color=red>[​IMG]

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Rhino lining and LineX are sprayed on with special equipment. LineX being my preference due to a more consistant "ruffness". You are right about the POR 15....bare metal, then the metal etch.

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm