Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paintball.... this is addicting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Dec 19, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

heres a vid of some action
    http://media.pbnation.com/trailers/Cereal_Killerz_320x240_hi.mov

this is so addicting, i went paint ballin with my brother yesterday morning. i only played one game with one of the rental guns. the rest of the day i used my brothers stuff... $1700 dollar gun, that shoots up to 28 balls per second. im hooked im prolly gonna go buy a gun this week, like this one.
    [​IMG]

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

kiss your wallet goodbye :grin:

paintball is fun but good lord is it expensive :eek:

3. muddysub

hahahaha youre saying that in the wrong forum... a lot of us have dumped up to or more than $10k into trucks that we dont even drive every day on the road... and i know it is but its ok cuz its so much fun and i have only one bill wich is my other expensive hobby.... my quad...

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

true - touche. hahaha, what was that barenaked ladies song..."if i had a million dollars"? :grin:

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I quit paintballing before I got 100% addicted to it because I knew I couldn't afford it and my truck. I can't afford my truck and any other hobby really. I can barely afford my truck as it is.

Plus as you know, I am a pretty good target because of my size.

Harley

6. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

i was real into paintballin, played for a couple years and spent endless amounts of money on it, but its just too damn expensive to play the damn sport. i hated to get out of it. but i like my truck more.

7. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Your buying an E-cocker for your first gun? Do you have any clue how to tune and work on cockers? I hope your brother at least does, you dont just pull those out of the box and never touch them.

I have been playing for a LONG time, and am recenty getting out of it because of the way the sport is changing. There is no emphasis on skill anymore, its just focused on who can sling the most paint. The PBNation crowd just pisses me off to no end. Cheating is now accepted, there are actually rules set as to how much you can cheat in a game, and it buggs the hell out of me. So, im done, im going back to mowing idiots down with my old school equipment that i pulled back out of the attic.

Word of wisdom, dont get caught up in the BPS game. Yeah, they claim an E-cocker can cycle 28bps but in reality it vibrates itself appart well before it ever reaches that. They may hold together for 20, but they dont last long and require constant attention when shot at a high ROF. 99.9% of players who say they have shot past 20 have never even done 15, at least not without ramping software.

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Kinda sad when a "toy" gun costs a LOT more than a good real gun

I'd play paintball sniper, but I don't run, so I'd need like paintball grenades and paintball flamethrowers and paintstrip knives

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Word! ... ...

Don't have an E-cocker, they require a helluva lot of work. I too was addicted to paintball before I got my Jimmy when I was 16. Your better getting a Tipman or Kingman marker.

The most extreme I would go with my first gun is maybe and Automag, if they still make them. I haven't looked into paintball since 2000.

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Exactly. That ain't tactical. That's just slinging paint.

I enjoy pistol matches. They ARE tactical.

11. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I played for a while but i also can not afford it.....I have shot less than 2000 through my newest gun. So i am going to sell my stuff when i get off of my A$$ and put it on E-Bay.

12. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I get a perverse amount of pleasure from hitting the field with my ancient VM-68 on a 12oz. CO2 tank, carrying 450 rounds total, and eliminating the rich kiddies with $2k worth of gun and paint on their person, with 2 or 3 well-aimed shots.......

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If I played I'd buy a $49 gun at wal mart and a ghillie suit.

14. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    I put that hobby on hold while I finsih the resto mod on the jimmy. I like taking guys out who have $3000.00 just in thier gun with my little $300.00 Tippy. I like to play but not willing to throw massive amounts of money into the game. A few upgrades to a Tippman and you can do pretty well. I esspecially like my response trigger, two finger trigger, and revi loader. I clean my gun after playing 3 or 4 days and I have only had to replace a ball detent and o ring on CO2 canister in 4 years.

Tippy power pack starts at about $165.00 Good bang for the buck

15. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I bought a Spyder TL used from a friend for 70, mask for 20, 14 for 15 tanks and a 9 ounce tank for 12 I already had a big hopper from when I had a Eagle Talon(old pumper) Then I got a couple guppy holders to. I just use a Realtree sweatshirt I have, and the most stained bluejeans I have because they are more dirt colored then camo pants, lol. Typically me and my buddys just play in groves, there are tournaments very close to me, I just havent had the chance to go the few last ones.

And if you guys think paintballing is expense...look into Remote Control vehicles sometime...thats awhole other addiction for me...lol take a look at www.traxxas.com Ive got a ruster with over 400 invested

16. muddysub

dude i was about to drop a ton of money and just buy a brand new angel speed... then i saw this thing and fell in love. yes my bro knows how to work on cockers hes owned 2 of em. i love those guns. my uncle has a tippman, ive shot em before and i can hunestly say ill NEVER waste my money on one. after getting used to angels, timmies and matrixs ill never use anything like a tippman or spyder. oh and the suburban is pretty much on hold. just kinda lost interest here lately...

17. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Well then go for it. Sounds like you won't be wasting your money. Man, I remember when the Angels were a prototype and the thought of having a market with a brain seemed crazy.

I know what you mean, about downgrading if you were wanting to get and Angel and not a tipman. I remember when I used a badass Automag RT, Z grip, dye barrel. Man that thing was sweet and when you had to, it could lay down some serious paint. I didn't want to go back to my spyder. But then again it was awesome to know that the Spyder SE that I had about $500 parts in it and I was taking out guys with $2 grand on thier angels, Bob Long Auto Cockers and other insanley expensive markers :smirk: