Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paintball??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big pappa b, Nov 13, 2003.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Who plays and what gun setup do you have?
    I've been out of it for a few years. My last gun was a Palmer Typhoon /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm most likely gonna buy a used setup. I was thinking of something with full auto capability /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I have a Spyder, haven't played in about 3 or 4 years, though. Man, I really want to get back into it, too. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

I played back my freshman year and sophnmore year of highschool, i ran SEVERAL gun combinations, i owned the first 5 , I would sell and buy, and sell and buy these guns like stocks &bonds, last one was a friends setup i ran sometimes.
    1) spyder compact with 12oz vertical bottle and regular hopper
    2) automag pf with double triggle and trigger job done myself J&J ceramic barrell. ran it with a 12 oz bottle with a remote out of a harness. 9volt hopper
    3) Autococker 2000 with black dye barrel and my (literally) sawed off stock barrell on speedball courses.
    with a (forgot how many cu) Nitro Tank.9 volt hopper
    4) PGP (kind sucks when you have a pump pistol vs people with electric and semi guns) but it was dead accurate.
    5) Rebel Deluxe with normal hopper and 12oz & 32 degrees barrel (i bought this one becasue I didnt play as much and didnt need such a fancy gun) ran in conjunction with #4.
    6) my friends Bushmaster 2k with adj nitro 12v hopper

owned the top dollar JT mask, it's so confotable I wore it for fun sometimes. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Almost EVERY gun on the market now adays is electronic, you can get an electronic gun that runs on co2 for under 200. Electronic lets you choose between semi, full, and 3shot burst at different bps rates

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My stuff:
    [​IMG]

It's nothing fancy, but it works for me. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

5. big pappa b

Steph, how do you like that new loader? When I stopped playing the only motorized ones where the VL's. I saw the Halo's too but way too much money

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Nothing fancy!? ARe you kidding. nice setup. have you seen the round hoppers that have a spinner inside instead of an agitator? That was new technology then, I have no idea what they have now. Whats special about your hopper stepH?

7. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

depends on how much you want to spend...
    When I buy I'm buying the Armotech WG-75 RIS2 (with light), its a fullsize MP5 clone that shoot .68cal paintballs. Fully balanced and come with 1,3,and full burst just like some MP5's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

the Armotech WG-65 is a M4 clone
    [​IMG]

8. ChevyCaGal

I like the hopper a lot. I got it for $60 (on sale). I thought a decent price back when I bought it. It's one of the first ones. The newer ones are stronger from what I have seen because the older ones would break easier if hit hard enough by a ball. I do like the digi ball counter though. I can tell how many I have left that way. It has a timer too, which is nice. Only bad thing is it can be a bit loud when it rotates around. So if you are a sniper it could possible be an issue. I love the shape... why I bought it. I have had a few balls hit and not break, which is what it's supposed to do. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I haven't tried an Evlution, but they look cool. I can't afford a warp feed loader, but really for me, they aren't something I'd use. The Halo ones look sweet and some are affordable. But I figure I will play what I got until it breaks. I am not into the fancy stuff. More stuff to break IMO. I play for fun anyhow. Besides I think it's more fun to play good with a $500 set up then those with the big money ones.

BTW I have a nitro tank....I perfer it over CO2... /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When I buy I'm buying the WG-75 RIS2 (with light), its a fullsize MP5 clone that shoot .68cal paintballs.

[/ QUOTE ]
    want some cammies and an army hat to go with that?

10. big pappa b

I only plan on spending about $500 for all my stuff too. When I had my Typhoon I had nitro there too. If I happen to move back to Illinois next year, a guy that my brother inlaw plays with has his own air tank and fill their bottles for $1. They have about 20 guys that all play together and don't have to go to a big pay to play field since they all own land. Just need to find a cheap source of paint. I'll end up getting an E-spyder or Pirahna most likely

11. madmike

madmike 1/2 ton status

Just played war games this past Sunday in an abandoned steel mill. 14 guys on each team, urban, industrial, intense combat. Lots of shooting, a couple of the younger guys really had some fantastic (and expensive) weapons. The cold air was giving most of the guys some troubles with their CO2 tanks and such.

My gun? An old Tippman Pro-Lite. Very simple, not a whole lot to look at, and rather low tech. Very effective in the proper hands (mine)!

Been playing for about 4 years, although this past year I've only played twice, due to other commitments. Its a far cry from playing every other weekend like we used to. Still a blast though!

12. ChevyCaGal

[ QUOTE ]
    Just need to find a cheap source of paint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually buy these when I buy...

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-paintballs-and-paint-grenades-nelson-paintballs.html

http://store.yahoo.com/actionvillage/paintball-paintballs-and-paint-grenades-zap-paintballs.html

Not the best, but they work. I have yet to break a ball in the gun too, even with the cheap ones. It's free shipping over $100. I have yet to find a local shop that sells this cheap. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    When I buy I'm buying the WG-75 RIS2 (with light), its a fullsize MP5 clone that shoot .68cal paintballs.

[/ QUOTE ]
    want some cammies and an army hat to go with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

NOPE, I have all black BDU's and a ghillie suit /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

paint ball = more mature form of playing army

i cant say much tho, i play it too

Spyder Victor is my gun

15. stuper

stuper Registered Member

tippman 98 with flat line barrel, barrel condom cover, 9 volt view loader, new handle, remote line with built in co2 thinger *makes the co2 last longer*, i run with a neck guard, top of the jt goggles. remember this was all purchassed bout 4 years ago so things changed. i modified the spring myself makes it so much easier to shoot. gotta watch ur shooting speed with the flatline though. anyway i used to work at skirmish. www.skirmish.com as ajudge.

theo/stuper

16. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Ooh yea I ran that setup too. The flatline barrell was crazy, it curved upwards to give the ball backspin and it would travel much farther, the only problem is trying to break paint on your victim. But the whole point is to inflict pain, isn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I ran with the Spyder SE, but after I got it i stripped the internals and droped a new regulator, spring and Venturi bolt in it. Ran remote air to my pack where I had an additional 600 rounds. I mainly used a DYE 12" barrel but I had a boomstick and a saw off stock for speedball.

For my sidearm I have a PT Extreme semi-auto with a spring loaded, detachable clip with a thigh holster.

I was about to upgrade to an Automag RT when I was sixteen but my parents but a Jimmy for me so I had to give one addiction up for another /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

am i the only tourney player here?

for just rec play i use my flame Tribal BBT 2.2

in tourneys i use the E-Mag i built from scratch. X-valve, milled, cut, carved, blah blah blah.

both markers share either the Halo B, with TE software,in tourneys, or the Egg 2 for fun. only use CP barrels, i sold my Freak kit becuase it was very inferior to a quality 1 piece barrel. generally i play mid-front on a 5 or 7 man, and in 3 mans, i play back. both markers will easily pull 16 bps, and the Tribal is a single trigger.

19. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I play alot, mostly rec and senario games. I use a KP-2, KP-3, PGP, 3357's, old Tracerrs, LP Spyder set up to look identical to my old M4, cant even tell its a spyder. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Z

20. big pappa b

[ QUOTE ]
    am i the only tourney player here?

for just rec play i use my flame Tribal BBT 2.2

in tourneys i use the E-Mag i built from scratch. X-valve, milled, cut, carved, blah blah blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well an E-mag would be nice but I don't have an extra grand ($1000) that I want to throw into this. My truck eats all my money