Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painted my house yesterday!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ntaj*ep, Oct 8, 2002.

1. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

What a bitch! Damn, I masked all the windows on Sunday (yes all day) and sprayed it Monday! I got a bunch of quotes between $2500 & $4000! I thought Hell no! How hard could it be! HA /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    If there are any pro. house painters here I bow down to you. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

how much was the rental fee for the sprayer? we're gonna need to paint our's within a year or so, and i don't want to roll a two story house!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I just finished painting the interior of my father in laws yesterday...I used to paint for a living, I fawkin hate it, in the words of a good buddy o' mine, " I'd rather dig a hole than paint"......... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

It was super cheap to do the prep stuff, rollers brushes, plastic, & tape was like $75. The sprayer for a day was $60, and the paint retail was like $100/5gal. Not bad concidering. But I do still need to do the trim, which from what I hear is the worst! That and I didn't use a mask.........so I'm hacking up laxtex paint balls. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Oh and don't park yer cars close! /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Gimmie a shovel! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

hey sonny, have i got a deal for you /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I will paint, you come dig /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I will have 5 yards of fresh clean topsoil here tomorrow and the worst is done, wich was breaking, pickaxing, and then tilling, then digging and removing about 10 yards of purrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee rock /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif and my body feels like i have been hit by a train. and not done yet /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gifi need a bobcat /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I gotta paint mine next year also...I have an airless sprayer that I bought to paint my shop, but the eaves on my house require the use of a 28ft ladder...I also have mildew which needs to be removed...a test section done with a bleach solution (and straight bleach) required quite a bit of scrubbing with a brush...I think I'm just gonna burn the house down and start over....Maybe we could get together sorta a travelling CK5 household chore squad and make the rounds... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

lemme make sure my fire insurance is up to date....

9. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

having done both paint and dig... painting goes hands down. I own my own presure washer and airless sprayer with an extension for the sprayer.

Prep work sucks! painting is easy.

Here is a tip. Get a big sheet of cardboard. Place big sheet of carboard next to the wall you want to paint and whala paint away. As you move down the wall you scoot the cardboard. Just keep track of the paint hose, dont let it dip into the overspray. If it's a large job changing the cardboard sheets help to keepthings clean..

If only my wife would let me spray the house we live in I could bve done for a while but nOOOOO I have to roll it out just because we take care of my mother in law and shes on life support....

Anybody that would rather dig than paint hasnt dug enough .... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

10. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Anybody that would rather dig than paint hasnt dug enough ....

[/ QUOTE ] : flip-off : /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Wanna know how to eliminate the messy paint and crap?

Put on vinyl siding!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif