Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painted pads and rotors

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Jun 18, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

VW forum /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif some people are just asking to win the darwin award

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

man, ive got some extra paint sitting around, im gonna do that to my truck, BRB /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

OMG who whould be so stupid /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I painted mine while on the truck... but that was just the damn calipers while I was grinding for 15" wheel clearance /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

How would someone have sense enough to know how to replace brake pads and rotors yet not have sense enough to know that you cant paint the braking surfaces??????????? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

that point was made in the thread too, someone commented that he had not yet installed these parts and whether he even, COULD.

7. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    How would someone have sense enough to know how to replace brake pads and rotors yet not have sense enough to know that you cant paint the braking surfaces??????????? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a problem.

Like he said:

"there going to be hiden"

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifPoor fella, probably retarded... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I did the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif
    After I masked off all the machined areas and the nonmetalic area of the pad /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I did it simply cause I did every thing else on the axel and it makes clean up a lot more simple. I sure as hell didn't do it for the "bling" factor.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

only reasons I paint anything is so it is easy to clean and doesn't rust like a mofo.

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

some people should never drive, just walk every where

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

It's just a big joke. If you read the post, the picture of the car they are going on is a 4-door Gulf. But if you read the comment under his location info to the left it says "like i would drive a four door golf".

13. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I used to have a neighbor that one time changed the pads on his truck...had some of that spray on "squeal proof" that ya put on the Back of the pads.....he sprayed it on the rotors and the fronts of the pads....finished the job, and asked me if I wanted to take a run up to Homely Depot with him....jumnped in the truck, and took off....stopped sorta funny at the first sign....he said it would take a time or two for the pads to "set"....so we went out on the four lane (45mph), and run up on the light.....sumbitch chattered and shook, and locked up in front....thinkin' WTF??....so we limped this POS home while he told me what he had done.....and then wanted Me to help him clean all this Burnt siht off his pads so he could Use Them again....he used all kinds of stuff to clean them....couple days later he needed a ride to the parts store...seems one of them had come apart....parts store found where he had sprayed the stuff on the sides and wouldn't warranty the part....I helped him redo his brakes, and found that he had done his wheel bearings with Gear Lube....he moved about a year later...I've often wondered if he's still alive.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

14. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I used to have a neighbor that one time changed the pads on his truck...had some of that spray on "squeal proof" that ya put on the Back of the pads.....he sprayed it on the rotors and the fronts of the pads....finished the job, and asked me if I wanted to take a run up to Homely Depot with him....jumnped in the truck, and took off....stopped sorta funny at the first sign....he said it would take a time or two for the pads to "set"....so we went out on the four lane (45mph), and run up on the light.....sumbitch chattered and shook, and locked up in front....thinkin' WTF??....so we limped this POS home while he told me what he had done.....and then wanted Me to help him clean all this Burnt siht off his pads so he could Use Them again....he used all kinds of stuff to clean them....couple days later he needed a ride to the parts store...seems one of them had come apart....parts store found where he had sprayed the stuff on the sides and wouldn't warranty the part....I helped him redo his brakes, and found that he had done his wheel bearings with Gear Lube....he moved about a year later...I've often wondered if he's still alive.... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why you sahould never let anyone touch your vehicles, for any reason whatsoever, you should be the ONLY person in the world who lays a single tool of any kind on your vehicles.. period!

some ppl are morons and brainless when it comes to certain things, or in some cases everything!

yeah i wonder if that retard is still alive too, technically there should maybe be a law that requires ppl to at least take some kind of course before they are leghally allowed ot service their own braking or steering or chassis service, so that we can prevent brainless ppl from screwing up their braking and/or steering system and highly probably causign injuries and/or fatalities to either themselves or to others or both.

right ?

i think so, IMHO.

this is why i wont laugh and find this funny that these retards did these things with their vehicles, some ppl could have gotten injured over this, its a serious issue, braking systems especially are something that should not be screwed with or touched by those who dotn know what the hell they are doing and that belong no where near tools and vehicle components, especially braking and steering ones.

what if when he got done painting those pads and whatever he went out to test drive and ended up not being able to stop and rear ended or broadsided a car with a baby on board, or even simply another person in general and seriously injured them.. then what ? i would hope that person was held severaly liable and punished good for that screw up,

all is just my $.02

15. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    some people should never drive, just walk every where

[/ QUOTE ]

bingo, you got it /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

16. NerdBoy

NerdBoy 1/2 ton status

I gotta say one thing about that post. It made me realize that we need this smiley: [​IMG] on this forum.

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif some people are just asking to win the darwin award

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd vote for him he could be dead, he never replide, the 15 year old tween prob went out and hung himself, after all his friendly responces hah hahahhahahahaha

18. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

no he posted. Its on the second page. sounded smartass to me hope he listens to those guys and if not I hope he hits a tree insted of someone else.

Nick

19. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I gotta say one thing about that post. It made me realize that we need this smiley: [​IMG] on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this guy -> [​IMG] He could be very useful around here.