Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting bricks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 1-tonmudder, Apr 19, 2007.

1. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

My wife wants to change the color on the house,but it's brick.So we have been looking for masonery paint and have found the color we want at Sherwin Williams.They say we will have to ROLL it on and I'm wanting to spray it on.They show them spraying brick on all of the house flipping shows so why can't I spray our's.What all is involved,I'm assuming it will have to reduced to spray,but will it affect the color.Wouldnt be so bad rolling it but it's going to take about 12 gallons to paint it.

2. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

If they can spray stucco why can't you spray brick? I know they have done a few houses in my town by spraying it. I think spraying gives it a better coat and alot less work too!

3. 1-tonmudder

1-tonmudder 1/2 ton status

I have rolled paint on new concrete block's before and it took forever to get all the little spot's I can imagine how bad brick will be.

4. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Definitely want to spray as un-even a surface as brick... No way you'll get good coverage with a roller!