Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting center console? possible?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dasanii19, Dec 3, 2006.

1. dasanii19

dasanii19 1/2 ton status

whats up guys, just curious if its possible to paint my center console? Id like it black but dont want it to chip :D any ideas?

2. merace19

merace19 1/2 ton status

I got some of that vinyl paint/dye. I sprayed my floor mats to see if it worked and the color. I did not even remove the dirt stains I just knocked off the big stuff. That stuff will not come off. I had tan mats that I sprayed with blue. I managed to wear a spot on it from my heel and dirt grinding into it. I say go for it just wipe down to get off any armor all or other crap off and spray away.

3. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

scrub it multiple times with hot soapy water and a course scuff pad. It will fisheye if not cleaned properly..

Dry thoroughly. Damp towel/dry towel it with denatured alcohol and paper towels.. Then I'd recommend some SEM colorcoat on it...

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

My '77 vintage was painted and turned out nice. I repaired a crack using epoxy, then painted using a couple of coats of auto spray paint. It has held up nicely for the past 3 years...too bad its getting tossed in a few months with the new interior.