Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting /Overhaulin' my rig, need advice:

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by conoverbandit, Jun 7, 2005.

1. conoverbandit

conoverbandit 1/2 ton status

Me again Y'all,

I'm contemplating doing the 89-91 front clip swap on my 75 chevy. I have been trying to "research" different aspects of the "pros and cons" of it. I am also going to replace the cab at the same time, since it is really rusted, and I think I can just replace the cab cheaper then replacing the outter supports,outter floor,rockers......you get the idea. Anywho, if I use the 89 front clip, I won't be able to run my 75 fender trim.(park lights set wrong), I have thought of just taking all the chrome off and make like a "custom" out of it, also theought about removing the "band" around the cab. I guess what I'm asking is I need pic's of 89-91 swapped rigs to get the idea of how it will look with out any chrome, or if you kept your chrome how'd you do it? Plus you "thoughts" or ideas if any on what I could do to this thing to make it unique" keep in mind I'm on the FD here and use this rig to answer calls in lol. I've done been told it's a "redneck " mobile ..................... Thanks,

Wayne

2. google

google 1/2 ton status