Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 13, 2000.

I am currently re-painting the old blazer and was wondering if anyone can help me with some questions.
    <font color=green>1st</font color=green>. I was thinking of doing the cap with some type of bedliner paint, any suggestions? Like Herculiner but not as expensive.
    <font color=green>2nd</font color=green>. Where can I get moldings, emblems, fender moldings to match the origionals? GM dealers?
    <font color=green>3rd</font color=green>. I removerd the top to get to some of the rust, now every one in the world who doesn't own a Blazer tells me that it won't ever seal, I know it will but should I take any precautions, New seal, silicone?
    Thanks for any help.
    <font color=red>ABO</font color=red>

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

<font color=green>2nd</font color=green>The emblems, mouldings, etc, you will find them at http://www.lmctruck.com and at http://www.cheyennepickup.com. Their sites don't list parts, but order their catalogs. They an invaluable source of Blazer parts.

<font color=green>3rd</font color=green>The top will seal back as long as you tighten the top bolts firts. It won't need silicone or anything else.

<font color=purple>////////
    Go 79s!!!
    </font color=purple>[​IMG]

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

ABO,

You can find some emblems on ebay. I see them advertised on there all the time, cheap too. Just type in Blazer for your search. Regarding the Bedliner, I coated my entire cab with Durabak. It like Herculiner, but it has rubber chips in it for non skid. It is very good. I wouldn't say that it is invincible, but good enough. Cost me a little over $80 a gallon. Hope this helps yah.
    Boss

3. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

The duplicolor bedliner is half the price($50), you can spray it ($35 gun) and a few people said it was good quality. It may only come in black though, Im looking for grey.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>life is a race, you have to look good and go fast!</font color=blue>