Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting Tha X

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 20, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Finally I decided to paint a fender of my Explorer to see how it looks and see if I can make the paint hold up for a bit... put on 3 layers of gray and 3 layers of clear...

I was kind of disappointed, the glossy clear coat actually made the paint duller... Oh well, it's not too shabby for a beginner I guess...There are some spots where I didn't quite get the paint as thick as other spots, but at least it'll be unique /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but at least it'll be unique

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about it. Here,,, your car, I mean twuk, is unique... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

let it sit for about a week then use 1000 grit wet dry sandpaper and wet sand it and it will shine right up /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Let it dry for a week or so like Mughog said. A paint job is all in the sanding and buffing not how it looks when it just gets done