Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting the Ocean

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by DBLAZER, Sep 3, 2004.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I am going to be painting my duaghter's room with an ocean theme. All four walls.
    The Plan : To paint an ocean theme, the carpet is already sandy colored so I got sand on the floor, I will paint the bottom of all four walls witha sand color, abot 6 to 8 inches up, foor the sea floor. The up from there to about 6 inches from the ceiling will be a darker ocean blue. The I am going to paint the ceiling Light blue with clouds.
    I am going to paint lots of fish and oceany type stuff. the idea is to make it cartoon like, i Nemo, and the like. I also plan on doing some stuff with foam, like ancors and starfish to give it a deeper look.

My thoughts are paint the celing, then the sandy fllor then the darker ocean blue. Does that sound about right to yall??

Any ideas [​IMG]or suggestions , or help (I am in Haslet Texas) would be appreciated!!!
    Nash

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

just be sure when it comes to the two different blues, if at all possible to blend between the two colors, dont just have a straight darkblue/light blue line.

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I am still prepping the room now!! I know what you mean by the two blues. I am not 100% on the ocean to sky line yet. The look I am going for is CARTOON, not realistic. That gives me some leeeeeeway and creative give. I can draw pretty good and have been practicing my Nemo's and such!!

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

watch the movie "Shark Tale" when it comes out... its like finding nemo almost... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    just be sure when it comes to the two different blues, if at all possible to blend between the two colors, dont just have a straight darkblue/light blue line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause that's how it is in real life. The air kinda blends in to the ocean. heheh.

I've seen rooms painted like an ocean scene. They are pretty cool and lots of fun. I like the Foam ideas. Also, if you really get into it, you could build a ship wreck bed and a treasure chest for whatever.

6. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

You could do waaves with some white sponged in for a foamy look between the sky and the ocean at the tops of the waves.

7. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Some deap sea oil rigs would be cool.

8. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Some deap sea oil rigs would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thunder...hehe its his lil girls room! Gee, why don't we suggest a few mines anchored to the ocean floor, maybe a diver with a spear gun...or just paint the ceiling black - a really neato oil spill-nothing like a disaster to brighten your spirits!

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

how bout a big shark eating a diver........

10. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how bout a big shark eating a diver........

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not just do a boomer with all its tubes open and firing /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status