Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Painting top.. Choices?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Jan 27, 2001.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Has anyone painted their top??? What have you painted it with... mine is in need of a new look...

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

2. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I smoothed mine and painted it to match the Dark Blue on my Jimmy SLE....cost $200, and looks good to me...it's in Readers Rides...not a great pic, but maybe I'll wax it up one day and get to feelin' proud of it....stays dirty most of the time...

I'm at 10th and Plum....10 miles from nowhere, and Plum out in the sticks....

3. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Semi-gloss black. Looks like the factory level of shine but won't snag like the original

June 2001 - The Texas Sawz All masacre begins. Be afraid rust, be very afraid. [​IMG]

4. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I sanded mine down and sprayed it with Martin Senour Acrylic Enamel. Mine was previously owned by a chain smoker, so to kill that nasty yellow/brown color, I wiped down the inside with TecClean and sprayed it with Zolotone. Not only does the Zolotone look nice, it seems to cut down on some of the wind noise.

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

when i got the truck painted, they sanded it down and painted it with fibreglass boat paint-white. i dont know the type of paint, but it looks good.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com

6. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

I sanded mine down with 80 grit and painted it with a roller. I used Exterrior house rimer (kiltz) and I am planning on using a semigloss exterrior house paint on it as soon as i get a nice day!
    Looks great and does not cost an arm and leg.
    [​IMG]

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL