Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

pallet kite??!?!!?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, Apr 10, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

oh my goodness!!! after school i went by my work to grab some of the broken pallets(bonfire wood). so i load them up. i was gonna tie them down right, but its only 2 miles to my house, and its all back roads. so i just connect 2 ratchet straps together and throw them over the top. i didnt really tighten them real tight, cuz hey, its only 2 miles. so i drive home about 20-25 mph cuz i got a un-secured load. im seriosly 500 feet from my house and i see a car coming the other way nail the brakes and hit the shoulder. i didnt know why so i check the mirrors and see a pallet about 20 feet in the air!!! i look closer and see its tied to a ratchet strap!!! it was flying behind me like a kite!! so i pulled over and talked to the guy, we both got a laugh out of it. he was reall cool and we started re-loadng the pallets cuz a few feel off. i wish i could have seen the look on my own face when i realized what was going on. oh well, glad the other guy was cool.

2. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

ooooops /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

A pallet?!?!?!?!?!? If you had a video camera you coulda made some cash on Americas Funniest Home Videos!!! I remembe rmaking UFO's out of black trash bags. The Az sun heats 'em up and they float away but a pallet.........

4. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

I would have like to see that.