Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Panel lights and a short

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76_Cheyenne, Nov 10, 2002.

1. 76_Cheyenne

76_Cheyenne 1/2 ton status

My panel(guage lights) do not work, I was told by you guys that it was probably my headlight switch, so I replaced it, then all of the sudden my dome light worked when the drivers door was open, this had never happened before! but then it went out, if I jiggle the headlight switch it like comes on then goes off, does the switch ground to the dash where it is screwed in? The panel light fuse keeps burning out so i know there has to be a short. does it sound like the short is where the switch hooks up to the dash?
    Thanks

2. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

Hey 76_Cheyenne
    did you get the lights working?
    if so what did you do?
    im having the same problem
    Thanks

3. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Yes the switch short ground to the body, if you have a poor contact, you will have a problem.

4. RATAH

RATAH 1/2 ton status

5. Marshall

Marshall 1/2 ton status

I know one thing you might want to check, When i installed my own stereo i hooked all of the wires to the stereo harness, not knowing that i had created a ground to power. The wire that i hooked up wrong was a brown wire that was origanlly used for the stock stereo lighting to the black wire on the harness. This would make my taillight fuse burnout everytime i would turn on my light. I hope this helps.

Marshall

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif 31"s/350/208/10Bolt