Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Pantera

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by potato76, May 16, 2003.

1. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I heard the saddest thing in the world on the radio yesterday.That pantera finally did call it quits.They are no longer together the lead singer is supposedly now working on a different band.I tryied to find a link of it on the net but found nothing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Is he going to continue working on DOWN or another band????

3. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

That sucks. Phil Anselmo is badass, though...whatever he does will be good, I'm sure. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Theres another band. I'm not 100% sure but I think they're gonna be called New Found Power.

6. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

you want to hear some pussy ass schit that phill did check out a band called razor white

7. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

I downloaded some of his new band superjoint ritual and its not bad at all.Not much different from pantera. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Superjoint Ritual. Here's a link.
    http://www.metal-sludge.com/RandomNews5-15-03.htm
    Look about halfway down the page.

John

[/ QUOTE ]ocalist Phil Anselmo says that he is done with PANTERA and he intends to focus all his time and energy on SUPERJOINT RITUAL. "There was a lot of business with Warner Bros. and this and that DOWN and PANTERA and this and that, and etc. etc." Anselmo was quoted as saying by MetalIndex.com. "Whatever. Pretty much what I'm doing here is I'm sticking with SUPERJOINT, and I'm not doing ****in' anything else. This is where I'm most comfortable and this it the type of music that I wanna do, you know?"

Anselmo says that he is proud of what PANTERA achieved and is also proud that they pulled the plug rather than faded away. "If you think about it, PANTERA never went away until we personally said, '[naughty word] it'."

Asked if he sees patching up differences and rejoining DOWN or PANTERA, Anselmo said, "Never say never... [but] not right now."

SUPERJOINT RITUAL's sophomore album, "A Lethal Dose Of American Hatred", is due on July 22 through Sanctuary Records.