Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

panther and ck5 ers

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by ramjet gmc, Nov 7, 2003.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

responce to your post /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifFazzos -----yep I did it is like the candy land of steel but I have not seen any tubing yet it must be their I want to start getting in to some fab work like a roll cage and a rack box comb unit for the back. I might start with that so I can get some more experience at the welding but I think I have it down ok. I just need to make it look better /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have been thinking of how to set up a small home shop I have a nice ridge 460 chain vice and portaband, miller 175 mig, and that is it. I want to get a bender next and some time a plasma cutter.

I am just stuck in a rut right now I can only work on the truck 1 day Sat and ½ day on Sun and I have a truck to do list and a house to do list
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. tweek

tweek 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifsounds great, i have a plasma cutter, tube and pipe bender and a large mig....i'm always looking for practice steel....were is this place????and if you need to borrow anything let me know saturdays look good........i have access to some tubing and black pipe (local pipe company and we have a speed shop that sells all sorts of cage material...)

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

If you need any kind of tubing or pipe... TRI State Tube
    If you need plate, angle, or box tube... Yarde Metals

Order over like $150 in steel from Yarde and they deliver for free. I have ordered one length of tube from Tri State Tube and they delivered it for free.

<font color="red"> Ooops! Order over 150 pounds of material from Yarde and they deliver it for free. </font>

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

its kinda hard not to buy 150 bucks worth of stuff- do they sell in smaller quantities?

I dont know what to do with 120 feet of this stuff.

5. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Did you look in their building off to the left as you stand in front of (looking at) the "main" building (with the register)? They have all kinds of diamond plate and metal mesh in there. I wasn't looking for tubing last time I was in there though so I can't say if they have tubing. But my answer for "does fazzio's have ____" is usually yes. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm having major trouble with the house vs truck issue, especially in the financial dept.

Here's Fazzio's web site: clicky The place is amazing. The steel supplies they have are gigantic and they always have all kinds of cool machinery in the other end of the building. It's usually crazy utility company surplus they pick up when the companies get rid of it.

That sounds great to me if you have a shop ramjet /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif . Unfortunately I'm putting off most of my large tool purchase (large air compressor, etc) until I have a shop or at least a garage. I really don't have a place to put the stuff right now.

6. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Well I shouldn’t call it a shop it is a 20’ x 20’ garage with a car on one side and 7’ tall door. I can work outside but I need to clean up and get it inside at the end of the day. I want to build a tube buggy or k5 truggy 4 link type in the distant future but space and time and $$$$$$ I am still looking for ideas