Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Papersplease.org........................

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Some of y'all may remember this little discussion a few months ago. You can get more information here.

Well, it went all the way to the Supreme Court and they made a ruling which you can read about here.

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif IMO..the man should have cooperated, and the officer could have handled it better.

That is all. We will now resume our regularly scheduled programming. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

Think they both were at fault on this one, guy was very confrontational, looked like the cop was fairly justified in his actions. On the other hand, his partner went WAY overboard dealing with the daughter.... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

i absoulty agree leo are trained to handled situation like this and i dont think that you need a guy to throw a 17 year old girl in the dirt, he could have handeled that alot better!!

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's sad when things like that happen. There will always be a few officers that give the cops a bad rep. I've seen a few cops like that, but in my mind not all cops are bad. Infact, most are pretty cool. I have a very good friend that I go to the shooting range that's a cop. Good guy, we have lots of fun shooting those AOL disc that ya get in the mail all the time.

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

damn aol ya i agree, most cops rock but as with every grop there will always be a few bad apples!!

8. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

Did i miss part of the story or not understand something???From the video i saw the whole problem could have been resolved had this hiibil guy just gave the officer his name.The first officer was reasonably nice considering how hiibil is acting.How hard is it to show id and state your reason for being there.He even gave the guy a number of chances to just pull it out.Did they ever mention what the blood alcohol level of that guy was cuz he acted drunk to me.I dont know about NV but in AZ if you are intoxicated in public thats what happens you get id sometimes jail sometimes ticket sometimes warning.the second
    cop i cant fault him either because to me it looked like a histerical girl tries to either flee or do something out of the ordinary and 17 or not the cop has to protect himself.she could have a gun,knife, anything he has no clue.Fact of the matter is it could have all been avoided by this jackass just answering a few questions. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    I would predict a loss in the Supreme Court

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, who said that one? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

10. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I would predict a loss in the Supreme Court

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, who said that one? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, that's twice this year I've been wrong /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

That's ok, I was wrong once too. I thought I was wrong but it turned out I was really right..... /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Actually, that's the second time. The first time was when I had three Blazers sitting in the side yard all at once. Wait, is that wrong?.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif I figured he'd lose since most of these types of cases have been argued in various states supreme courts around the land in the past and the states statutes are crafted around state case law.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Cops rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!