Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paradise vs. Wilderness

Discussion in 'Land Use' started by gtstompin, Jul 25, 2000.

1. gtstompin

gtstompin Registered Member

According to current architectural views, wilderness is no more. Humans, by nature, have explored and conquered every nook and cranny of the globe. Architecture & Thought classes teach that wilderness can now be found in the cities and paradise is found in nature. In the 18th century the views towards wilderness and paradise were reversed. Paradise was found in the cities and death and despare could be found in nature.
    The shift in trends is an occilating effect found in nature. If the pattern continues, and it will, we may find ourselves searching for peace and tranquillity in the heart of the megalopolis. Those who stay in nature will be considered less than civilized.
    I say that civilization is over-rated. I have lived in a large city for the last two years of my life and have hated every minute of it. For me, paradise is not lost. Paradise is found in the deepest forests and the most desolate deserts. If the current trend does continue, you can find me in my K5, totally lost but right where I want to be. Lock the Hubs and prepare for serenity, I've never been trendy anyway.
    -gtstompin

TEXAS HARDCORE

2. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

hell yes you are a wise man! Paradise is in the mud the muck and in the deep dark place in the woods that only you know about.

[​IMG]Go prepared

I have a Shotgun a Rifle and a 4WD(K5) and Country Boy Can Survive!!!!

3. JunkYardCrawler

JunkYardCrawler 1/2 ton status

Hell yeah. I was born in Tucson Arizona lived out in the middle of the desert out in an area called sunset. my folks split and ever sence I'v been in the Bay area. way too many people for me. not enough wilderness trees or rocks. Now i'm moving back to Tucson. and spending my free time on the trails and mountains.
    right on man.

From the Grave to eat the Jeeps