Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Paragon AP Training Course

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Panther, Nov 8, 2000.

1. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Is anybody in the middle part of the east coast interested in going for a group lesson at Paragon? Up til now, my off-road driving experience has been drive in and try not to get stuck. I want to get some more formal experience and that seems to be the place to do it.

You can do 1 vehicle with up to 3 people as a private lesson...or 2-5 vehicles with up to 3 people/vehicle.

If anybody's interested, let me know.

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]
    - NJFourWheelers</font color=blue>

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ah, just get in and go, save your money or a lift/tires or lockers!!!

Getting stuck is part of the learning process and half the fun!!!

Trust me, when you start going places and you dont get stuck and things tend to be less challenging, it will get boring if you keep going to the same old place.

Just get in there and try what you think your K5 can handle and GET IT AWWWWWNNNN!!!!!!!!!

That is the best way to learn and it will give you your best experiences!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

3. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Alright Mike, I'll call you to make the 4 hour trip over here when my dumba$$ is stuck![​IMG]

Thanks for the advice. I can't wait to really go out and hit some mud. I really don't have anyone to go with[sad] and am not quite stupid enough to go alone[​IMG]. Oh well. Just hafta look harder for people!

Thanks Mike. And if you're not careful I'm gonna make you come over here anyway and help me with my 74!

<font color=blue>I don't get stuck, I'm just in the mud when I stop for lunch [​IMG]

4. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

:smile: I hope you didn't take me the wrong way, I was being nice! :smile:

I took for granted that you had people going with you and I should have thought that maybe you didn't. Although just because you have many people/vehicles with you doesn't mena you will get your K5 unstuck, I have had 6 different trucks try pulling me out once, but I had to wait until the next day and get a 4x4 backhoe to pull me out!

However I would like to get over to Paragon and hit those trails, if you get stuck and i have to come pull you out,, tht would give me a good reason to go over there! :smile:

I would reccomend going by yourself, maybe there is a club out in your area you could hook up with!

Have a good one and when I can get over that way to wheel, I will let you know and you can come with us! :smile:

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

5. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

You're not the only rookie here!

You might want make it easier on people ... me included.
    What is Paragon? Where is Paragon? East Coast is Big! Where are you?

Sorry caught me in a pissy mood ... LOL!

I take it, it's some kind of 4wheelin school. Maybe if you posted some details without sounding like an advertisement ... you could generate some interest. Weekends or whatever.

Good Luck!

6. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Hey Backlash. Sorry about that[​IMG]. This thread was kinda in response to a thread just about Paragon. It's an "Adventure Park" with all kinds of trails for all skill levels. Check out their (new) web site http://www.paragonap.com/ for all the info. They have some kind of "classes" and I was just curious if anyone was interested.

By the way, I am in South Jersey, I grew up in Southern Delaware though. I know there is a group of us from the mid-eastern US and I just thought I would gauge interest!

7. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Exxxcellent [​IMG]

(Except that you needed a backhoe to get you out![​IMG]
    Although I would probably be pretty proud if I got stuck so bad! At least it wasn't a F[​IMG]rd or a Heep that got you out!)

8. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

I was playing around on Paragon's site during one of my classes (I know, I should pay attention in class) and I found this pic of a K5 running one of the trails, Rattler II. My club goes to Paragon every year with the guys from NCOR in northern NY (the big red blazer that was on the cover of Fourwheeler). I can't wait to go this year but I need a tow vehicle first because the only trail they go to run is Undertaker and everyone breaks something. I have a video of Rob's K5 literally walking over most of that trail, it's REALLY cool to watch. Anyway, heres the pic:

[​IMG]

Oh, BTW... it's OK to get pulled out by Heeps, but only if it takes more than one of them!! [​IMG]

Joe
    RIT Mini-Baja http://www.rit.edu/~bajawww
    Team Mudnuts http://www.mudnuts.org

9. jcg

jcg 1/2 ton status

10. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Hey Panther,

That looks sweet as hell! My truck has just a stock set up ... at this point, But would entertain the idea of heading that way to check it out.

Need any riders? Getting my tranny next week ... have to put on my steering brace and some other stuff before I head out on a road trip.

Off to the Outer Banks of North Carolina to fish and surf the first week in December.