Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

paragon trail report

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region' started by TorkDSR, Jun 1, 2004.

1. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

we rolled in on monday, before the park opened ( /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) registered, and then had to watch a 20 minute safety video /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif our group of 3 was pop in the yj, me, and rick in a cj on 33's ... so we figured we'd keep it easy. headed down to the creek for a bit, and it started to rain, fuxing rain... my wipers dont work, and no one brought full doors, so the dampness set in quickly.

on our way back to the coal road we were heading up a hill and my sh|t stalls out... hmm... it didnt like the angle, but it wasnt that steep. it was just starving for fuel. so i back it down, and head over to the next trail. i put the skinny to the floor. and it's running, then sputtering then running... well i'm moving up this trail, and with the rain and lack of wipers i didnt see the gully in front of me. it swallowed my right front 42, and bent my bumper (so now the sides match /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif) i backed it out of the gully, and gave a thorough inspection. i'd smacked hard, something had to have broken... i didnt see anything, so i backed up and threw her in drive and went to turn left.... no go. so i backed up, and she steers right fine...

well, it turns out i reclocked my steering arm on my sector shaft. bich clocked herself 90*, apparently i just jamed her on during the install, and didnt pay attention to the keyways every 90*

we limp her back to the coal road only making right hand turns.

no problem.

so i just left her at the start of the trails and we continued to run chicken run and drumstick in the rain. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Pics. Sounds like a blast. BTW what's the specks on your Pops YJ?

3. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

4.3 700r 205 4.27 soa 2" shackles detroit/arb scout 44's disks all around hi-steer 38's

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Dang dude, you can't even avoid carnage on the "easy" trails. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    Just messin'.
    I was in PA all weekend, (about 20 min outside of Gettysburg and Chamersburg)...doing home restore work...
    The rain on Monday was so bad we had to pack and leave the job with only 90% complete...
    Anyhow, rain can definately make the mild trails go wild!
    Boss

5. 88sub4x4

88sub4x4 1/2 ton status

you just don't have any luck with your steering lately!

6. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    4.3 700r 205 4.27 soa 2" shackles detroit/arb scout 44's disks all around hi-steer 38's

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, it has changed quite a bit in the last couple of years but then again look at all of our rigs.

7. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, it has changed quite a bit in the last couple of years but then again look at all of our rigs.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="blue">Yeah your tellin me!

Pop's YJ works very well despite the fact that its a little tall IMO. I rode in it at RC a few weeks ago I was impressed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. TorkDSR

TorkDSR 1/2 ton status

it is tall.
    we're gonna pull yet another leaf, and lower the shackle lift, then throw in some rear shocks, and maybe the mtr's will be here by then /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I told him to put JC waggy's on it like mine. My spring eye is 3" below the frame on the fixed end (ft bumper) and I have the shackle bushing in the frame like a Chevy with the spring eye about 1 1/2" below the frame at ride height. It's just the right height for my 38s /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif