Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parents are such a pain in the arse

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 19, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I need to start figuring my damn life out and get out of this house. Just got off the phone with my dad, he called to yell at me for spray painting his race car numbers on the wall of the garage. Mind you, inside on a wall covered in grease, tools, and a poster or two. Why did he yell at me? I can't figure it out. I used the stencil he had for puting the numbers on his car to do it. It was already covered in paint, did more paint ruin it??? I must be missing something. Just a little bit ago I knocked over the Oxy-Acetylene setup. VERY BAD of course. But I wasn't the one who set it up and didn't strap the bottles into the cart. He constantly yells at me for leaving MY yes, MY tools out. They are the tools I own and I choose to just leave them lay sometimes, if I need a 9/16 wrench I go hmmm oh yeah under the axle where I left it. Sure I could find it in the box but when its pitch black out and I'm dead tired and stink to high hell digging in dirt and oil on my hands and knees isn't my biggest concern. He leaves his tools all over the place all the time. All over the garage mind you, mine are in the driveway. He also freaks out when I spill stuff all over the driveway(hey it happens, can't always catch it with a pan). Why am I in the driveway? Cause you bogarts the garage for his piece of crap race car that he spends thousands and thousands of dollars on. Then he yells at me for chopping up my fenders on my K5 cause I could sell them to somoene who wanted fenders with cancer?? Oh and cause I torched the bumper that needed to be rechromed off as well.... I never will understand what goes through his mind. He yells at me for spending money on stuff and not trying to get the maximum out of the stuff I could sell, but when I load up the truck to the brim with scrap and make some money he doesn't say a word. I seriouslly hope I'm not like this whenever I have children, sadly I'm certain I will be. Oh and he freaked cause I cut the power steering lines on the K5, even though I'm switching boxes and need to install an oil cooler on it... I gave him the factory oil cooler unit for his race car, I could have sold that for $50 I'm sure. Such a hypocritical [darn]. Oh and mind you he races a dirt track car, so he spins around in circles never winning anything, simply spending lots of money to smash his stuff up. Sure it sounds like rock crawling but then for him to give me [darn] for rockcrawling??????

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Oh I almost forgot, he painted his car inside the garage this past week, didn't bother to cover anything, so now my transfer case and other K5 parts are a pretty dusty yellow/blue/green that I have to sand off or live with. I can live with the way he is sometimes but when he did this stuff to me in front of the girl I love it really [darn] hurt.

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Why did he yell at you for painting numbers on the wall? Because it's his garage! If someone painted my garage without permission I'd be pissed too.

You could have taken the initative to strap the oxy/act bottles to the wall yourself, since you know they're dangerous when not secured.

I'm just confused as to why you don't put up your tools. I can understand at the end of the day, when your dirty and tired, you leave stuff out. But just leaving tools laying around especially outside in the driveway... /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Is your driveway new or really clean? If it is then maybe he wants to keep semi-clean? I dunno on this one, my driveway is dirt so it's a little difficult to clean dirt /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Why couldn't you have just unbolted the PS lines? I'd be pissed to if someone just cut good PS lines. They ain't cheap....

Just my two cents, try looking at the situation from his point of view... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Re: Parents are such a pain in the arse

[/ QUOTE ]
    Funny I say the same thing about children. Espically the ones who live at home rent free. Think my garage is theirs. Make big messes in the house and driveway and expect Mommy and Daddy to clean them up. And leave their junk all over the place making MY HOUSE look like a junk yard.

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Re: Parents are such a pain in the arse

[/ QUOTE ]
    Funny I say the same thing about children. Espically the ones who live at home rent free. Think my garage is theirs. Make big messes in the house and driveway and expect Mommy and Daddy to clean them up. And leave their junk all over the place making MY HOUSE look like a junk yard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, that sounds like someone I know /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ahhhhh well... not too long I'll be outta my mommy and daddy's house... but why not make the best of it? I don't pay rent, and getting kicked out doesn't seem immenant /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif One day I'll get rid of the set of rims stacked by the shed... and the 2 bikes that don't fit me anymore... and the bumper... Nevermind, we got rid of the bumper... all the rest of my Explorer parts are in my closet... An incomplete lift kit, a complete lift kit, tow hooks, bits and pieces of a roof rack, power window parts... not much, but the collection keeps growing yet nothing new gets put on the truck /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I try sometimes, but the driveway is horrible, its full of holes, its full of sunken spots, its old, never was completed, its a 2 stage paving and he only ever bothered with the first stage so even brand new it didn't look good. He has trailers, heaters, cars, barrels of oil, old junk axles, and tires everywhere!! If you look in the weeds behind the barn you can find a junkyards worth of useless crap. I save lots of stuff and have no place to put it cause he already has junk in the out of the way spots. But the stuff I save I can sell or use again, his is all useless crap. He has boxes full of incomplete piston sets, cast cranks sitting on their sides rusting after 15 years, alternators and carbs that weren't good when removed but hey we will find a use for a single barrel carb of god only knows what SOMEDAY. Then he has the nerve to tell me the stuff he saves is useful. His car is presently using my $120 optima battery and my starter from my blazer, both of which were things I didn't have to but did save. I put my blazer exactly where he wanted, without him telling me, tucked away in the corner. The only reason I get yelled at is my junk is in front of his junk, so as soon as I clean mine up all you see is his, wow so much [darn] better. I work hard to keep things out of his way and make sure when I'm doing stuff that I don't disturb his stuff, mine? [darn] that he just spills cans full of VERY important bolts, never to be located again. I've seen him do it, then he yells at me cause I stop to clean up the stuff important to me, why? cause I'm not watching and anticipating his every need. hes always yelled at me for not watching and knowing what he needs before he does, sorry dad I'm not psychic. And I did strap the bottles down once I realized they weren't, but the person who [darn] put them there hsould have done it. I know someday when they go to get filled he will yell at me cause I tied them in too tight and made it hard on him. Its the way he is, nothing I ever do is good, never will be. The worst is he yells at me in front of my and his friends ALL the time, so they then constantly make fun of me for all this stuff. Whether hes around or not, whether I'm making a mess or not, I get made fun of for leaving tools out or not doing things his way.

Thunder I never ever ever expect him to clean up my mess. I always make sure to move stuff so he has a clear path to the garage and the dogs cage and whatever else he needs. In fact 75% of the time I end up cleaning HIS mess up. He constantly yells at me and makes me go clean the garage I never get to work in top to bottom and put away and clean up the mess he created. There have been times I haven't gone out back of the house except to go to my truck for a month at a time but somehow its all my mess!

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

You know I know I owe him a lot, if it weren't for him I couldn't do well over half the stuff I do now. Thats why I am ok with cleaning the garage, changing his oil, changing mom's, working on mom's car, generally being the bitch around here, but he doesn't have to yell at me and tell me the things I do aren't good enough or everytime I do something second guess me cause I can't know waht the heck I'm talking about. I have a world of knowledge at my finger tips but he never trusts a thing I say until 3 other people tell him the exact samething. I told him to run an MSD ignition system on his race car. He said no way too much money, his mechanic friend and brother in law said umm yeah run it, oh now its the gospel. So his friend ordered it up, he ordered the wrong stuff, I took the time and sat down talked to the person and reordered the correct stuff. What did I get out of that? Nothing, he told the guy who ordered the stuff first he was a moron and said nothing to me.

8. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Just move then. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Simple solution to a simple problem, and everybody wins! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm working on it

10. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I used to feel the same. Then I moved and realized how good I had it! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I need to start figuring my damn life out and get out of this house.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any ideas on what you want to do with your life? Nows a perfect time for college,trade school or the military. You'll have an education/experience base on which to build your life on. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Why? Living on your own is great! You can drink when you want to, you can take a big stinky sh!t with the door open, no one there to eat your food, you can clean your guns without people bitchin about the fumes from the solvent etc etc. Not to mention it's much easier to take chicks back to your place instead of your parents place...

13. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    Funny I say the same thing about children. Espically the ones who live at home rent free

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a friend of mine, only he is in his 30's and won't work /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif

14. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

All I can say is "It's time" It's different for everyone, but you know it when it comes. Get your own place & try not to do the things you hated to your kids if you ever have any. (that's the hardest part) Good luck!

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd really like to get into custom auto stuff, performance engine building, hot rod work, I really do not want to be a simple mechanic. I have many friends that went to school are ASE certified, and make barely more than I do at the gas station and they are MISERABLE. I think I should go to UTI or Wyotech for hot rod stuff. But will I be able to find a job? I need to talk to friends who are into that stuff, or just go begging for jobs at hot rod shops. I was offered a starting job at Recon Motors in Philly but thats a mass production place, I could end up working on custom hipo motors but they were only starting me at $9 an hour and it was a 140 mile daily round trip through the HEART of philly. I couldn't pull that off and still make any money.

16. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd really like to get into custom auto stuff, performance engine building, hot rod work, I really do not want to be a simple mechanic. I have many friends that went to school are ASE certified, and make barely more than I do at the gas station and they are MISERABLE. I think I should go to UTI or Wyotech for hot rod stuff. But will I be able to find a job? I need to talk to friends who are into that stuff, or just go begging for jobs at hot rod shops. I was offered a starting job at Recon Motors in Philly but thats a mass production place, I could end up working on custom hipo motors but they were only starting me at $9 an hour and it was a 140 mile daily round trip through the HEART of philly. I couldn't pull that off and still make any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, you have a vision, now do it! Call both schools, they will be more than happy to provide you with any info you need. I believe these schools also offer some sort of job placement program or help after you graduate, you may have to relocate for the type of job you want but there's no reason you cant accomplish this. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I try sometimes, but the driveway is horrible, its full of holes, its full of sunken spots, its old, never was completed, its a 2 stage paving and he only ever bothered with the first stage so even brand new it didn't look good. He has trailers, heaters, cars, barrels of oil, old junk axles, and tires everywhere!! If you look in the weeds behind the barn you can find a junkyards worth of useless crap. I save lots of stuff and have no place to put it cause he already has junk in the out of the way spots. But the stuff I save I can sell or use again, his is all useless crap. He has boxes full of incomplete piston sets, cast cranks sitting on their sides rusting after 15 years, alternators and carbs that weren't good when removed but hey we will find a use for a single barrel carb of god only knows what SOMEDAY. Then he has the nerve to tell me the stuff he saves is useful. His car is presently using my $120 optima battery and my starter from my blazer, both of which were things I didn't have to but did save. I put my blazer exactly where he wanted, without him telling me, tucked away in the corner. The only reason I get yelled at is my junk is in front of his junk, so as soon as I clean mine up all you see is his, wow so much [darn] better. I work hard to keep things out of his way and make sure when I'm doing stuff that I don't disturb his stuff, mine? [darn] that he just spills cans full of VERY important bolts, never to be located again. I've seen him do it, then he yells at me cause I stop to clean up the stuff important to me, why? cause I'm not watching and anticipating his every need. hes always yelled at me for not watching and knowing what he needs before he does, sorry dad I'm not psychic. And I did strap the bottles down once I realized they weren't, but the person who [darn] put them there hsould have done it. I know someday when they go to get filled he will yell at me cause I tied them in too tight and made it hard on him. Its the way he is, nothing I ever do is good, never will be. The worst is he yells at me in front of my and his friends ALL the time, so they then constantly make fun of me for all this stuff. Whether hes around or not, whether I'm making a mess or not, I get made fun of for leaving tools out or not doing things his way.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Dad was the exact same with me un till he turned 45 and now we get along great. Not sure what happend. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

18. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

There was always a home cooked meal on the table. Who wouldn't miss that??? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I sure would, but hey everynight here is either fend for yourself night or something out of a box /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    not too long I'll be outta my mommy and daddy's house...

[/ QUOTE ]

There ya go... Ya see, they can't wait till you're gone and on your own. That's why they raised you and gave you all the toys to play with and all the advice to allow you to grow up and take care of yourself. That's why they yell at you. That's why the invested all that money in you that they could have spent on themselves... Because they love you and want you to be able to take care of yourself when you leave the nest... Don't you get it? They love you. That's why they yell at you... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif