Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parking brake help?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chvyhs, Nov 10, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

How do I convert my 1978 FF parking brake to work with my 1990 Sub? The FF has the older style with the 2 short cables comming out of the backing plates and my Sub had the one long and one short cable comming out of the backing plates. I still have the most my old SF that I pulled out. Can I pull the cables out of that and put it in my FF?

2. Rolled

Rolled 1/2 ton status

I just swapped in a 78 12 bolt in place of an 87 10 bolt. I saw the same problem as you. I switched the backing plates since the 10 had bigger brakes. That also cured the different parking brake cables. They looked like you could just swap the cables but I did not look into it too much.

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

I guess I'm going to have to just take things apart and figure it out for myself. Thanks for the info on rig, I appreciate it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif