Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Parking Brake MAdness!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87sm465np208, Feb 19, 2003.

1. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i have a 87 chevy shortbed, 4x4, no lift yet, 12 bolt rear end, now i installed a new parking brake, adjusted it like the book said, 4 clicks down then adjust till slight drag felt, all the cables are new, am i missing somthing, its got 1 cable running back into a bracket and then into 2, can anyone help? thanks in advance /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

HUH? I didn't see a description of the problem anywhere in your post..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Maybe you should log onto the chatroom and see if someone there can help you...... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. 87sm465np208

the petal goes to the floor when you press on it. Today i tightend it, it works slightly better, but still not right, i think the cable might still be streching out, its a new cable. oh well when i get around to it again i will tighten it some more. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You must have taken a break from the CK5 chat room to get that work done, eh? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

6. 89K1500Chevy

89K1500Chevy 1/2 ton status

Yeah typical canadian response always talkin about the K5 chat room... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You should stay outta the chat room cuz its for the Orange ppl only now its no longer free. Yeah your new parkin brake will be a Block of wood tied with a string and using a pulley system so you can drop it from inside the cab then when want to roll agin pull it back up and tie to soemthing. There you go I drew out a pic too but i dont have digi cam right now so mabey i get a pic of it later for you if youd like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

7. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah typical canadian response always talkin about the K5 chat room... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You should stay outta the chat room cuz its for the Orange ppl only now its no longer free. Yeah your new parkin brake will be a Block of wood tied with a string and using a pulley system so you can drop it from inside the cab then when want to roll agin pull it back up and tie to soemthing. There you go I drew out a pic too but i dont have digi cam right now so mabey i get a pic of it later for you if youd like. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif www.zombieoffroading.8m.net

[/ QUOTE ]

just quoted it, cause I dont want to lose the response he put up....................................................

Brandy

8. 89K1500Chevy

just quoted it, cause I dont want to lose the response he put up....................................................

Brandy

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ok..... it was a joke i why would i delete it?

9. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm, what?

just keep tightening the parking break, mine does that stuff too

10. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah typical canadian response always talkin about the K5 chat room... You should stay outta the chat room cuz its for the Orange ppl only now its no longer free

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I quoted it- Your one of the blue members that has been ruining chat for those of us that pay for that feature. How your getting the password is beyond me,unless of course your the type to have 2 user names- 1 of which would be orange...but I doubt that.

When you made the comment about chat- it proved to me you know your not suppose to be in there..............acting like an a** in chat is no way to gain friends......or influence people... I think theres a book available to you on amazon.com... called "how to win friends and influence people"...read it

Brandy

11. 89K1500Chevy

yeah mudnurl just keep thinkin that when all i did was ask Q's about trucks and helped others out with getting pics in there sig.'s I was on there 1 time when yall where talkin bout some stuff Other Then what the K5 chat room normally talks about and btw I talked to Mudhog the moderator not to long ago and its all good now So wow I was on there talkin about Gear Ratios and other Truck related stuff. I havent been in the chat room since I was told its not for Blue members anymore and where i got the passwords dont matter to you as your not the moderator or at least not yet. I was in there as 89K1500Chevy, Zombieoffroad, and once as StopSmokinDope( there were some ppl causin probs and that name was in relation to them staten stupid stuff) and when i was in their as Dope i helped some Orange Members out with their pics. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

12. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

He was cool when i was in there with him, and he did help me out with puttin pics in my sig...

13. 87sm465np208

well, anyway i finally got it to work, just needed some tightening, the petal is stiff like a dogs dick now. just an update /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.