Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parking brake ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazing86, Sep 5, 2001.

1. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

Has anyone figured out how to have the parking brake work with a lifted blazer(6 in)?thanks

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Wait a sec.. do you need a mod to ge tthe parking break to work on a 6in blazer? Cuz my pakring brake doesnt work on hills but works on like flat ground.., maybe i need it tightened... maybe previous guy got extended cabless? maybe thats what you need.

6in 87' K5 w/ 35" BFG muds.
    Kn filter

What I need: 4.57 gears, limited slip front, auto locker in the rear, Force2 Catback, rear springs, SSR's

3. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

It should need nothing more than adjusted - mine works great with 4".

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

4. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

The cables on my truck dont even touch. They need to be at least 2 in longer just for the 2 ends to reach. Anyidea on how to get this work?

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You should be able to get atleast that much out of the adjuster. Take a look and see how much of the stud is showing.

1 tequila 2 tequila 3 tequila Floor
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>