Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

parking light/turn signal problems

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Veefour, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Veefour

Veefour Registered Member

noticed that when my lights were turned on, the right turn signal indicator was staying on. I replaced the bulb for the turn signal, but that didn't solve the problem (And the bulb is not as bright as the stock bulb....[side note:don't buy bulbs at WalMart]).
    Is this a relay problem? Bulb problem or what?
    Turn signal works fine, just the indicator (on the dash) stays on when the lights are turned on

2. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

could be a grounding problem. Also the socket the bulbs plug into can get caroded, can buy replacements at just about any auto parts store, and they are pretty cheap.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

yup--grounds or...

It could be a socket or ground problem like trailblazer said..also,a rear tailight bulb on the same side might have the filament for the parking lights touching the one for the brake/directional light..they will both light up at the same time,(not always!) and make the indicator on the dash glow constantly..sometimes a bad flasher does that too,even though it still works..